Airbnb Service Fee for changing host?

Maria245
Level 1
Walton-on-Thames, United Kingdom

Airbnb Service Fee for changing host?

hi,

Please can someone tell me how airbnb charge for its service. I understand that is 3% over the pay out from host but when I take the percentage is not give me the right amount. Suppose a value of 100 is what how much cost a room. If I apply 3% gives 3 and then taking out from 100 is 97. This I believe is the service fee. Am I doing this right?

Regards,

Maria

3 Replies 3
Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi Maria,

That's correct, they take 3% of the total payment to you not including their service charge  i.e Total payment x 3% = Payout to you (£100 x 3%=£97); they do round up fees to the nearest pound as well so sometime you might note it is slightly more that 3% i.e., £3.75 rounded to £4 or like in the case of my recent booking £5.04 rounded down to £5.

See this link - https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/63/what-are-host-service-fees 

Also, their new Terms and conditions was released today to existing Host who registered pre March 2016, I was on the bus so had free time to read through it before confirming/ agreeing  to the terms and it confirms within this new terms that they round up  fees.

Hope this is of some help.

Ama

Susan-and-Eric0
Level 3
Cape Town, South Africa

I have always been charged 3.4% for all bookings I've taken in the 3 years hosting through Airbnb.  

Perhaps the rate is different in other countries, the information I have provided is based on what I have been charged on all my bookings and the policy in the UK as per the UK link provided above. For instance, in some states in USA, additional fees/ taxes are added which is not added in the UK, have a look at your specific policy for your country it might explain any differences.