Time between reservations

Helen796
Level 2
Poole, United Kingdom

Time between reservations

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help, I would like to be able to have one night between reservations I.e a check out one morning and the next guest able to book the following day. There doesn’t seem to be an option for this, I only seem to be able to set no gap ( people arriving and leaving on the same day) or one day before and after or two days before and after. I’ve set it to one day before and after but this leaves a 48 hour gap rather than a 24 hour one. 

I hope that’s clear! 

Id really appreciate any suggestions  to help

many thanks

9 Replies 9
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Availability -> Reservation preferences -> Preparation time

@Helen796 

My understanding is that the current system does not provide the option you want. It's what Henry and I wanted as well...... so we just do it manually.

As soon as we get a confirmed booking, we block the day before the booking and the day of the check out (so no one can book to check in on the same day). We do not have frequent check ins/outs so we are able to manage this manually fairly easily. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I have been trying to do it the other way round and unblock some days but I don’t always get there in time, it’s annoying. I’m just coming into the busiest time for me so I was hoping to optimise the changeovers.

if someone has come up with any other way round it I will let you know

best wishes

Helen

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Helen796@Jessica and Henry  I pondered over this for 2 years- why would they block one day before AND after? But I finally figured this out. It doesn't actually do this. The one day before and the one day after overlap. So you do just end up with 1 night blocked.

Example:

You have a booking for the 3rd-6th, meaning the guest will check in on the 3rd, stay through the night of the 5th, check out on the 6th. The night of the 2nd will be blocked for prep time. The night of the 6th will be blocked as well. But someone can book the 7th. The night of the 6th, which is the "after" block, also becomes the "before" block for the guest who arrives on the 7th.

If they didn't block a night after for prep time, that would mean your calendar would be open for someone to book the 6th, which wouldn't give you that prep time between guests.

Does that make sense?

If Airbnb had stated it "Block one night between reservations" it would be clear, but of course Airbnb seems to be masters of stating things in the most confusing manner possible.

Helen796
Level 2
Poole, United Kingdom

Ahh ok that’s really helpful thank you so much for taking the time to help!

Very best wishes

Helen

@Helen796  Happy to save another host the 2 years of head scratching I did over this 🙂

@Helen796 I still manually block out the day if needed rather than use the Airbnb block. I tried the block a day before & after, but there are days where I have the flexibility to do a quick turnover such as the weekend & I don't want to lose that income.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and help, it’s a really good idea.

Francesca156
Level 2
Tuscany, Italy

Thank you for your help. I have a house I rent in Tuscany, and I have still some bookings confirmed (30% of what I used to have, but still), and all of them are 1 week or 2 weeks long, starting and ending the same day, as that was our usual standard... should I now inform the guests that they cannot arrive that day, or that they have to leave a day earlier ? SHould I file a changing of date to them? Or is it not compulsory... frankly, I would prefer to have this gap, considering the situation, but on the same time I wouldn't like to loose all bookings... Thank you!