Safety - I am not feeling safe with a guest in my house

Safety - I am not feeling safe with a guest in my house

I have a guest in my house right now who his partner is being disrespectful with my personal things. She is curious and abused. I don’t like her. I do not feeling safe in have her alone in my place.  I just told her that if she wants to drink my drinks she needs to asking me before. I was in my limit seeing her walking around and touching everything until she took my liqueur without asking me and served herself.

Please, what can I do. What are my rights?

Jackie

6 Replies 6
Vanessa-and-Gil0
Level 1
Jersey City, NJ

I would contact Airbnb immediately and let them know of your situation. I had a guest that I wasn’t comfortable with in my house and I alerted Airbnb while I was out to avoid any confrontation and the guest left after Airbnb discussed with them. 

Fortunately, my guest was sensible about her partner bad behavior last night and decided to leave my house this morning. 😅  Thank you Vanessa.

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Jacqueline562, did you contact your guest via Airbnb messenger? It is always better to do it so people from help center can see how things are going. And for sure you can ask to shorten her stay based on such unacceptable behavior. You have the right to feel comfortable in your house! 

Thank you Yulianna.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Jacqueline562 

Sorry to hear in this situation. I wouldn't have told her that she needs to ask if she wanted to drink my alcohol. I would have told her that if she wants to have a drink then she needs to purchase her own and a hosts alcohol and other personal items are strictly off limits.

If you feel uncomfortable and unsafe (has she been verbally abusive or has she threatened physical abuse) with this guest, then call Airbnb and ask them to cancel the booking.

I agree with other hosts that it is useful to follow up your reminder to the guest in person,  that she shouldn't have taken your alcohol on Airbnb messaging.

Thank you Helen.