Insufficient directions lead to 2/4 people never being able to arrive at host address

Andrea556
Level 1
Hollywood, FL

Insufficient directions lead to 2/4 people never being able to arrive at host address

For most tourists, Cuba has no internet, and you have no phone line upon arrival.

Two of the four people in my group never made it to our host's address in Varadero. The address we all received from the third-party Bnb account manager called Bnb4cuba,  (who is not the same woman as the host living at the home),  was a street number and a house number. 

HOWEVER, upon arrival to the town, we found that:

-Streets were unlabeled

- Houses had no numbers. 

I got lucky and after asking several people on the street, someone told us which house it may be. However, the two other friends who arrived at a different time were not so lucky. They failed to find the host home, paid for transport back to havana and paid for expensive housing in Havana because they had no where else to stay. I could call them because no one had phones nor wifi. 

I want to get the Bnb4Cuba account manager to at least give me back half the money, to repay the expenses incurred by my friends. 

Any suggestions?

TLDR: Wrong directions caused my friends to be unable to arrive at the host address new years eve, money lost, vacation ruined. Want money back. 

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Andrea556 One wonders why they did not do the same as you and just ask some locals. It is not uncommon in many countries to have no street names and no numbers. I come from Ireland and in many places there are no numbers, no street names and there are no post codes. So you ask....

Half of your party was able to find the property by doing so.

I think you will struggle to get a refund on this basis but do try with the host. It will also not help your case if the host has no previous examples or reviews where people say they were unable to find the property.

Good luck