How soon after a guest leaves can I leave a review

Mike461
Level 2
Hook, United Kingdom

How soon after a guest leaves can I leave a review

I'm new to Airbnb hosting and want to get my reviews going. My first guest has been and gone and I want to leave a review but the option is not there yet. Is there a specific time after checkout that the guest appears in the review list so I can do that?

thanks

Mike

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

No, it doesn't appear at any specific time, the system generates an email which prompts you to write a review, @Mike461. There used to be links in our dashboards, but Airbnb's improvements have gone the wrong way.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Mike461 Generally the review window opens 24 hours after the check out time on your listing and lasts for 14 days.  I would advise that you not be too eager to leave a review.  I always wait until my space is thoroughly cleaned and ready for my next guests before I leave a review for my last guest.  This way I don't run into any surprises  after I have left a review.  Be careful writing reviews as once host and guest have left reviews or the 14 day window expires, there is no way to go back to revise a review.  

This link is really helpful in explaining how reviews work: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2059/host-and-guest-reviews#Order-of-reviews

Belinda312
Level 2
Sequim, WA

Thank you Clare, that is very good tip. I myself have rushed into leaving a 5 star review, only to find out towels were missing and the toilet was clogged!

Hi Mike.I have the same question than you. Have you akready received any answer?