Hosts Previous Reviews

Megan307
Level 3
Vincentia, Australia

Hosts Previous Reviews

What do you do when you read previous hosts have given bad reviews?

3 Replies 3
Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

@Megan307 

I am so grateful for hosts who honestly and accurately reviewed their guests.

Insted for only putting "friendly guest and then down rating them to 3*

And you are left to guess -what does that mean?

What that meant was I was left with pizza stain on my couch and used baby wipes spread

on the floor and some more. Absolutely disgusting.

Anyway, I call Airbnb and explain the reason I don't feel comfortable hosting these people

and ask them to canel it for me.

That has worked for me so far.

Thanks for that feedback, I totally agree with you. Am planning on being factual without emotional embelishments!

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Megan307, Depends on the review! Some reviews might be bad because they clashed with the listing, perhaps rented a room when they would be better off in a whole house listing. But if the review said parties, extra guests, mess, whatever, I would decline as long as i actually read the review first which I don't do very often because I forget and click away.

I have had guests with poor reviews who have turned out very well. One host slammed this young man, claiming mess, noise, would not recommend to anyone. I accepted this booking before I read the review, too late. So I spoke to him about it. The review was two years old and he had one more recent review which was fine. I figured he might have grown up since the first one, and just said that I have read the reviews and would prefer one like the good one, not the bad, when it comes time for me to write one. He was perfect.

So it depends on many things.