Channel Manager

Andrea190
Level 1
Lucca, Italy

Channel Manager

Hallo,

Does someone know if is possible to connect Airbnb to the Channel Manager and with the instant availability on line ? As there are no tracks  on the portal, moreover there are no phone numbers, no emails, no forum, nothing to ask someone of Airbnb about this (Is it right when we hoteliers must reply and very fast, not to go down in the ranking ?). I also asked to a Channel Manager but they say that it does not work well, it is very slow and sometime you have to wait  half a day to have the availabilty renewed after the booking. Is it true ?

35 Replies 35
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Andrea190 I'm not familiar with Channel Manager so I can't give any advice on that.   That said, there are many companies that have multiple listings where it is permitted by local laws. 

In answer to your other questions, yes, listing hosts are expected to respond quickly to reservation inquiries and reservation requests and failure to do so will affect your listing rank in the search function. Here are some Airbnb articles that will enlighten you: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/39/how-are-search-results-determined

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/430/how-are-my-response-rate-and-response-time-calculated

If using Channel Manager would result in delayed responses to guests, I would not use them. 

Hope this clarifies things for you!

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

A channel manager is basically a syncing service and I would immagine most on AirBnB do not need it. But I know there are ones that work with AirBnB. And some that do not.

David

Hello @David126

Why do you say that most property listers on AirBnB do not need it? We are looking on instructions for setting up channel manager to Airbnb, any information would be of help.

Thank you
Ruven,
Retreat Serviced Apartments

ABB is designed as a standalone system and is mainly used by individuals renting space in their own house soley through ABB.

David

Hi I am trying add my Airbnb rooms to our channel management service but can't find any reference points...seems we're all sailing in a ghost ship.

Did you receive any help, if so could you please pass on any info that could help me set up.

Thanks

janet

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @Andrea190,

The only data export / service synchronisation you can do to external booking platforms is to export your calendar listing so that you can monitor bookings received. I believe there are some platforms that can sync and use this data effectively.

Info: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/99/how-do-i-sync-my-airbnb-calendar-with-another-calendar

I personally use it in my Google Calendar so I can have a quick look at any bookings I might have coming without needing to go into Airbnb specifically.

I hope that helps a little.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi @Paul0,

Is syncing of the calendar the only available method for syncing our listing booking details. Are there no any other methods for connecting to a channel manager for syncing of inventory, rates and availibility?

Thank you.
Ruven,

Retreat Serviced Apartments

Thanks paul, it was a great help to setup channel manager.

Retreat0
Level 2
Kathmandu, Nepal

Hi @Andrea190,

Did you find the solution to your problem? Facing a similar issue, any insights would be a huge help.

Regards,
Retreat

Hesham1
Level 2
Cairo, Egypt

Hello,

I'm trying to do the same to link my listing across different platforms along with AirBnB. I don't believe it's someting that is hard, but need to understand how does it work and what are the steps. Is there anybody from ABB that can help us have an answer for that?!

Thanks,

Hesham

That is a service the company which is your Channel Manager supplies, you need one that is used to working with ABB.

David
Jo79
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

I am still in the dark as to which channel managers interface efficiently with airbnb.

I am already with Little hotellier but am happy to change if there is a channel manager that works efficiently with airbnb.  that way my guests can instantly book via airbnb and the service provided to them will be so much better.

Can anyone help

can anyone tell me if ther is any way to email or phone airbnb help?  it seems strange that they have no help system?????

I use Little hotelier too.  Airbnb needs to develop an interface with channel managers.  But they don't, maybe they're too big and think they don't need to .  

Casanative0
Level 1
Marbella, Spain

hey Im using Kigo to sync airbnb, bookin.com, tripadvisor and homeaway.  Check them out. kigo.net