Having a guest sign a rental agreement

Steve52
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Having a guest sign a rental agreement

How can I send a guest a rental agreement for them to sign and return to me prior to me accepting their booking?

17 Replies 17

Make sure you mention in your listing that there is rental agreement needs to be sign and return to book your place.   It’s their fault they booked it and come back to you saying they didn’t see it.  They can choose to cancel because they refuse to sign, that give you warning why they wouldn’t sign !? I would not feel comfortable rent to them. I have few guest waited till last minutes lol I alway friendly reminded them their check in is coming up and I need that rental agreement sign and return before I would release check in info.  They will sign it! It protect your property and and host! 

Mark1642
Level 2
Lakewood, CA

I'm thinking the whole reason any hosts would ask guests to sign any additional contracts is mainly to be 'completely covered' by their insurance providers?  I have temporarily SHUT DOWN our very successful, bed & bath rental in our primary residence through Airbnb because I discovered that our homeowner insurance does NOT COVER any incidents regarding Airbnb guests.  In fact, I was told that IF our provider finds out we're actually doing an Airbnb rental inside our primary residence, they will DROP us like a hot potato.  So I'm left to wander through this wilderness of figuring out how to NOT lose everything we've worked for all our lives because someone DIES in our home whilst a being an Airbnb guest in our home.  Airbnb is NO HELP whatsoever.  In fact, they act like they have zero knowledge of this & that, of course, it is up to us 'hosts' to figure all this out.  There are a couple of insurance providers that will insure this but they are crazy expensive & 6 months of the year I'd be working JUST to cover the cost of the new insurance.  Plus we'd lose our current provider & multiple discounts.  Just not worth losing our current provider.  I'm researching the whole 'contract' thing...hoping that this might somehow appease the homeowner insurance gods?  May I ask...HOW ON EARTH have you managed to be completely covered by homeowner insurance & do an Airbnb?  (actually not sure IF your rental is inside your primary residence?)  Cheers

Try vault.insurance

They offer a reasonable policy without any exclusions for short-term rentals.