Get NO SMS and app is not working, should I cancel guests arriving tomorrow?

Answered!
Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

Get NO SMS and app is not working, should I cancel guests arriving tomorrow?

This has been an issue for over a month:

1) App does not get notifications

2) SMS notifications don't work either

The only notices I get are email.

I talked to some support guy numerous times, FINALLY got him to go to written support and he is so incredibly dimwitted, doesn't know the difference between REMINDER and NOTIFICATION.  I kindly asked him to use an online translator, but no luck.

Then some woman CALLED me without ever reading the mindblowing support ticket!   The NERVE!

I was actually cleaning the house and she thought I would stop everything I'm doing to do "support".   Same accent, same ignorance.

I politely asked her to read the "support" (torture) ticket and she promised to get back to me, but of course, she did NOT.

Should I cancel the guests arriving tomorrow?    

I'm sick and tired of explaining myself to guests, confusing them, telling them NOT to use the Airbnb interface and I only speak two languages.

I can't sit at my computer 24/7 checking email.

1 Best Answer
Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

The ONLY thing Airbnb cares about it happy GUESTS. 

As I was waiting for my guests and checking the app every 10 minutes to see if there was  a message, DING, DING, DING!!!

EVERYTHING worked.  The app and SMS.

I did NOTHING.  I did NOT uninstall and reinstall or buy another new phone.

I posted here about CANCELING on my guests and that did the trick.

And that is how it is.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Christine455 

Im not expert but sometimes my phone app I dont get notifications and thats not just airbnb, I check the settings on the phone and then reboot my phone that seems to work,

Everyday I wait for my little granddaughter to send me a whats app and not always does it notify me I have to keep looking to see I have message.

My email also sends out a notification, so one way or another I get a notification.

If that doesn't work uninstall the app, then re install it again, What I do know is the app can only store so much information and you can have to many app's on your phone could cause it to malfunction.

I am using Android Samsung Note,

Im sure there is a solution,

Thanks, but I actually expect a LOT more from Airbnb than from a free app I don't need at all like Whatsapp. 

And yes, I'm sure there is a solution, but uninstalling and reinstalling the app isn't it.  

1) I already did that.

2) I got a brand new phone and thought that would fix it for sure.

Besides, I don't get text notices either.   VBRO works fine, as does EVERYTHING else.

At issue here is that Airbnb treats me like a stinking piece of crap.

@Christine455 

Sorry I disturb you

duplicate

Gwen386
Level 10
Lusby, MD

@Christine455 Wow! You actually want to cancel guests because you didn’t get a notification? It’s not the guests fault so why ruin their vacation? Also, why be fined airbnb’s newly implemented system of getting a fine for a host canceled reservation. 

You seem extremely upset. And if you feel VRBO offers better CS, that is the platform you should use. Life is just too darn short to be upset over this kind of stuff. 

And remember, attitude is paramount and a two-way street. If you’re condescending to the support, they definitely will not want to help you. You said, “same accent, same ignorance”—this sounds mighty privileged. 

@

"You actually want to cancel guests because you didn’t get a notification?  It’s not the guests fault so why ruin their vacation?"

How about ruining MY LIFE?   

Now I'll be writing a letter to my guests, LUCKILY they're Americans.  Explain to them how Airbnb sucks and that they can NOT message through Airbnb during their stay and have to text to my phone.

Which so sucks for me because I can't text much and obviously I can't respond from my computer.   Will have to go back and forth when sending then links to local attractions ...  NIGHTMARISH!!!!

Last night I tried to change to my google mail for the phone, but "it was taken".  WTF, yes, I used that email previously, but changed it to a new business email.   Apparently, it's against the law to switch back to the previous address.

CONSTANTLY stressing, having to check my email, getting inquiries and instant bookings many hours later because NOTHING goes to my phone!

Drove 190 miles yesterday for dental work and was refused because my blood pressure is too high.

"If you’re condescending to the support, they definitely will not want to help you. "

It's their JOB.  The sad thing is, they probably get $5/day. 

I moved to America and learned English.  I'm sorry to say, I can't understand these people. 

**[Inappropriate content removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Thing is, it's not just me who can't understand them, they can't understand ME.   I say "message notification" and they say "reminder."

And REFUSE to look up the difference!

COUNTLESS locals have asked me about Airbnb and I've successfully talked most out of it.   I'm just managing a house for an estate and would have quit a long time ago if I'd known that the estate wouldn't step up.

I'm currently planning the end of my life, living in a tent in the desert, if I don't have a heart attack or stroke first.  Can't make it on $266 social security.

Tired of the corporate crap, not my thing.  And can't take the abuse much longer.

I have no idea how I've lived through so much abuse since 2017.  Well, it wasn't that bad in the beginning or I wouldn't have invested so many thousands of dollars in a house I don't own.

VRBO had much better support until about a month ago, when they told me to use a different browser after I couldn't log in anymore.

I've now used 3 browsers and can't log in anywhere.   They wanted a video, I sent them a video.  Days ago.

I am so incredibly tired of everybody getting rich on MY back.

Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

The ONLY thing Airbnb cares about it happy GUESTS. 

As I was waiting for my guests and checking the app every 10 minutes to see if there was  a message, DING, DING, DING!!!

EVERYTHING worked.  The app and SMS.

I did NOTHING.  I did NOT uninstall and reinstall or buy another new phone.

I posted here about CANCELING on my guests and that did the trick.

And that is how it is.