Can a review I wrote appear if they have not written one?

Frédéric31
Level 1
Vivès, FR

Can a review I wrote appear if they have not written one?

Hi All, 

I would like to understand how a review I wrote last year appears on my guests' profile when they did not write one for me? I thought no review appeared unless both sides had written one? I just looked at their profile, they had a lovely time (they said) but did not write anything. Still my review shows up on their profile. What am I missing? Thanks! Fred

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Both parties have 14 days within which to write a review. If both parties complete their review early (say after  3 days) then both reviews appear immediately. If only one party writes a review, that will appear after 14 days.

James1
Level 10
SF, CA

Don't sweat about the occasional guest who does not leave a review. Some are on a long trip and miss the 14 day cut-off.  Some people just don't like to do it. If they were a good guest, you can gently prod them to leave a review when you have your check out conversation, I say something like:

"thanks so much for staying with us, I'm going to leave you a great review, tell your friends about us and please come back"

For the rare bad guest it is vital that our (the hosts) review appears whether the guest writes one or not. So don't get all worked up if a really nice guest has not left a review, even if you left one for them. They were nice and you got their money.