AirBnB Pricing Glitch Denied and listing removed after complaint

Answered!
Zoltan21
Level 1
New York, NY

AirBnB Pricing Glitch Denied and listing removed after complaint

Hey everyone,

I've been hosting a couple of years now, and I've been running into some issues lately with AirBnB adjusting my prices without my consent. I continue to receive queries that significantly undercut my base price. I offer no other discount than a 5% for monthly. When I look at my calendar view for the dates inquired I notice that the prices have been changed to significantly lower than what I set it to. No, I do not have smart pricing on.

I have support tickets and screenshots to prove my claim. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what you did to resolve it. 

The last support ticket addressing this never followed-up. This was an escalation. Today I checked my listing from as a traveler from an incognito window and noticed that my listing was completely removed by AirBnB. I was never notified about this and the dates I searched as a traveler were available from the Host view and the listing was published.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this or similar. What should I do?

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Zoltan21 

I noticed you have two listings and they are both active and in the search system:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=37151670&map_toggle=true

It seems to me at first glance pricing is rather consistent, there is 5% monthly discount.

Can you explain in more detail on which dates prices are not correct ?

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Zoltan21 

I noticed you have two listings and they are both active and in the search system:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=37151670&map_toggle=true

It seems to me at first glance pricing is rather consistent, there is 5% monthly discount.

Can you explain in more detail on which dates prices are not correct ?

Stephen1018
Level 2
Watkinsville, GA

This just happened to me.  My wife's account is locked for no reason.  She was alerted that someone changed her password.  When she attempted to change it back, she was locked out.  Now the entire listing is removed.  We have all 5 star reviews.  When I try to respond to guests from my profile, as I am the primary host but not the admin,  it tells me that I cannot because her account was removed due to "violating terms of agreement"???? We have ALL 5 STAR reviews!  What can we do?

@Stephen1018  You haven't contacted Airbnb to find out what's going on? That's where to start. Sounds like maybe her account was hacked if the password got changed, and maybe that's why the account was removed. Call or send them a Twitter message and hopefuly they'll sort it.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Stephen1018 

Removing hosts from the platform, without warning or explanation, is a vile practice that Airbnb engages in on an all-too-regular basis. In reality, there can be any number of (unacceptable) reasons - from false allegations from a vengeful guest, to "glitches" or system errors, to false rezults from the background checks by Inflection Risk Solutions LLC, the company to which Airbnb outsources the vetting process (typically, you would have received notice if the latter were the case, but it's probably worth confirming with customer service whether or not this could be the issue with your account)

Your account may be temporarily suspended, or it may be permanently delisted. (If your future bookings have been cancelled, it's delisted - if not, possibly just suspended, so there's still hope) 

However, if you haven't received any assistance or clarification on what's gone wrong by the weekend, you're better off just quietly setting up a brand new account and starting afresh (use a new email address, and change the address slightly if you can), because battling Airbnb on this could very well turn into a very lengthy, extremely stressful process - even if you can prove you're completely innocent of any and all wrongdoing. As reprehensible as it is, that's just how Airbnb rolls, unfortunately. 

Best of luck to you. Hope you get sorted soon. And if you haven't done se already, make sure you establish a presence on other platforms too, asap, because as you've sadly discovered to your cost, Airbnb simply can't be trusted or relied on to treat their hosts fairly, respectfully or ethically.