Occupancy Tax Palm Beach County Florida

Jodi104
Level 2
West Palm Beach, FL

Occupancy Tax Palm Beach County Florida

Help!  I see the occupancy tax listed in a booking (when I go and do a hypothetical booking myself).....there's the room night, cleaning fee, service fee and occupancy tax all listed in the transaction.  However, in the payout details for transactions, the occupancy tax is not listed.  Can someone tell me why?  That means it was not collected in the payment.  Also, the occupancy tax information under my listing is incorrect - it states that Airbnb collects and remits on our behalf.  This is not true.  I live in Palm Beach County where AirBnB does NOT remit occupancy taxes on our behalf.  We as the hosts are responsible for doing so.  My main concern is why is the occupancy tax listed in the potential booking; but, not listed in a payout transaction?  Which means is wasn't collected.  Pics attached.  Thanks in advance for any insight.

booking.PNGpayout png.PNGoccupancy tax.PNG

4 Replies 4
Brian1043
Level 2
Lake Park, FL

Dealing with same issue.  Hope someone answers you soon

Matteo238
Level 2
West Palm Beach, FL

well as far as I know the occupancy tax are the ones Airbnb collect for the State of Florida and as a Host we need to collect local tax like tourist development taxes and pay them to the county 

if you check on the Airbnb app you have to go to 

progress 

transaction history

help

General tax info

How does tax payout and reporting work?

in this section you'll find all the explication and link on how to find the occupancy taxes that you've been paying during the past reservation and you can also download the CSV file of all of them

They pay the state. Not the county. They tell users that they collect for the county. I wonder if they do.  You can collect the 6% yourself, as a Community Fee.  See my posting on how to do that: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Palm-Beach-County-Tourist-Development-Tax-TDT-Must-Be-Paid-...

Brian Ross
Brian1613
Level 10
West Palm Beach, FL

They don’t collect the tax in Palm Beach County. You have to. If you haven’t you had best get to your TDT account and catch up. You will pay fines. If the county puts you on a tax hold, Airbnb will delist you, and probably say nothing about why.  Should they say something? Absolutely.  We’re all just trying to do business, Airbnb included, and make money. They could be a much better partner to their hosts in Palm Beach County, Florida, IMHO

Brian Ross