LISTING REMOVED

Peter6
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

LISTING REMOVED

Hola,

I have received an email from Airbnb Customer Experience telling me the they are going to remove one of my four listings because I'm not delivering the kind of hospitallity experience to my guest.

I’m in shock ! There are a lot of work and effort behind this listing and I have never received a complaint about it….NEVER !!

Actually my rating from guest are great:

Last 3 ratings were each 5 stars. Overall, I’ve received 5 stars 86%of the time. On average, hosts near me get 5 stars 57% of the time.

My current guests are happy in my apartment and they are enjoying it.

Has somebody has some similar experience ??

All the best !!

Peter

120 Replies 120

I noticed this morning, when looking at the map of my area, that it looks blanker than usual. So, I am assuming that this is also happening in Montreal, Quebec? I have read a rumour that Airbnb is looking at purchasing other hosting platforms - but don't know which ones. So it is surprising to me that they haven't tried to hang on to those hosts having properties delisted to get them to move onto another platform that Airbnb is viewing to purchase. Does anyone here know which hosting sites Airbnb is looking to purchase? I suppose it's hush hush until the deal is done....by why alienate future revenue sources?

My listing is on Flipkey and VBRO (HomeAway), and I pound the pavement with my business cards. In no way would I ever put all my eggs into one basket (Airbnb).

Monica, When AirBNB purchase other sites/platforms they close them down and incorperate their members into AirBNB.

Not if it is a traditional, commercial, hosting site such as booking.com or villas, flipkey or some others that hosts use for their hospitality business. Airbnb would have to remove all of those listings as they have done with the hosts that have multiple listings on Airbnb so what would be the purpose of purchasing such a site?

Monica -

"Since mid-2011, Airbnb has acquired several of its competitors. The first of which was Accoleo based in Hanover, Germany."

"Prior to the 2012 Summer Olympics, Airbnb acquired London-based rival CrashPadder, subsequently adding six thousand international listings to its existing inventory."

Nargess0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

The BBC are  doing an investigation regarding this, contact amirsadjady on

twitter if this has happened to you.

Everyone, please see the article by BBC in UK. I hope this brings some light to the situation.

Regards

Guneet

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35574971?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Hi I'm Boris from Roma . Me too had several excellent reviews and after four years several listings was deactivated from them and have no answer from Airbnb .

The only thing is to do a heavvy class action against Airbnb .

I'm ready to start a legal action 

Moreover they don't pay taxes in Italy but in Ireland and this is completely illegal .

I received the same email roughly one week ago. 

"Airbnb guests enjoy staying in local homes and living authentic travel experiences.

Unfortunately, our systems have shown that you are not delivering the kind of hospitality experience our guests are looking for. In line with our Terms of Service, your listing

will be removed from our platform on December 8, 2015. 

Please understand that this determination was not made due to a single incident, but an accumulation of circumstances that do not meet our standards and that have happened over time."

I have 100% 5 star reviews and am two weeks away from becoming a Superhost, so this seems to make little sense. My listing is in Barcelona. I contacted airbnb and was first told to ignore the message as it had been sent by a non-airbnb email address (automated@e.airbnb.com), only to be told one day later that he had made a mistake and it was in fact a genuine airbnb address and that he would continue to look into it. I've since heard nothing and my listing is now inactive... 😞

Paula17
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Steven, the same thing happened to me today- 3 of my listings removed, same impersonal email that you received.

Any advice or help would be really welcome!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Paula17....Hey Paula, it looks like a line has been drawn in the sand, and hosts with multiple listings are systematically having their listings removed. The original Airbnb concept was to have people stay in a hosts 'shared space'....a spare room, a loft in the house, a cottage in the back yard! But over the years we are seeing more and more hosts in a situation where they are listing more and ever more properties and are virtually using Airbnb as a hotel booking site! 

Air bnb are walking a tightrope between hosts such as your self with multiple listings and local government authorities who are coming under ever increasing pressure from the traditional hospitality industry to make you conform to the stringent government requirements they have to.....and Paula, it looks like local government are winning!

I have not heard of a single host worldwide who has had their solitary single listing threatened in this way. It seems to be a purge purely on hosts with a number of listings.

The unfortunate thing from your point of view is the secrecy leading up to this! Unfortunately nothing has been flagged about what is happening. I know Airbnb are doing a lot of work in the background with local juristictions around the world, but it is disappointing that none of the progress of that work is filtering down to the hosting community.

I am sorry for the situation this is putting you in Paula....you are no doubt an amazing host, but you are being seen as a boutique hotel rather than a home host and that appears to be where the problem lies!......cheers.....Rob

Paula17
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for getting back to me Rob- it makes a lot of sense. The way in which they did it was awful though, and I now need to figure out a way forward! 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Paula17.....Oh dear....I feel for you guys and what is happening at the moment. Paula I am in touch with similar hosts and no doubt you are too, so I am simply 'copying and pasting' between posts.

Yeah I understand, I am a superhost myself! But I would love to know if any single listing hosts have been affected in this way.......I am very active on the CC, and Paula I read virtually every post on this site, and I have not come across this occurence where just one listing is involved. I agree with Hassan in another post, it is terribly confusing and it appears, it has only just started.

For your sake Paula, Hassan, Peter and many others, I hope that some way can be found to accommodate you guys and still work within the framework of Airbnb....because you hosts with long standing are the experience, the base that has made Airbnb such a big platform. Many of the new hosts who come to the CC....and to hosting have do idea of what they are doing, (I even struck one who cancelled her very first booking because a better one popped up and could not understand why she had a problem!!!) and as another long time superhost said to me..."They are simply trashing the brand" ! Not so you guys...you have done the hard work!

Good luck, Paula, Hassan, I will follow your progress...and I hope it works out for you.....cheers....Rob

Hi Robin, 

just wanted to point out that I have seen people with only one listing also getting removed. So it's not just about number of listings.

Whatever it is, it is scary. And very injust. 

The same here in Amsterdam, single listings and multiple listings were being removed at december the 23th. For the rest, the same story as written above....it happened to a lot of hosts as wel as superhosts. The only thing what you can do is start again on a other booking site. Airbnb has gone way to big.

Mirjam0
Level 10
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

In Amsterdam, hosts were removed who rented out a part of the house they are living in the whole year through. If this is  less than 40% of  your house and  you have  a permission of the city you can do this. Still those hosts were removed from Airbnb's website, although they followed  the  Amsterdam city rules. One host got two messages on the same day: telling that he would be removed because he was not renting out according to the Airbnb rules and a message telling that het got a superhost status again..   How can we know if Airbnb is not  explaining anything?  For those who understand Dutch: here is one of our duped  hosts on local TV: http://bit.ly/1KhqHuB