How does 'Snoozed' work?

Tessa2
Level 1
Oxford, England, United Kingdom

How does 'Snoozed' work?

I'm going on holiday and don't want to be bothered with booking requests while I'm away. I want to either Unlist or Snooze my listings, but am not sure what the difference is. Can anyone help?

Tessa

15 Replies 15
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Tessa2,

You would probably want to "Snooze" your listing which lets you set the dates that you are away and will unsnooze it for the day you want it active again.  Here is what Airbnb says:

Pause your listing temporarily

If you want to take a break from receiving inquiries and requests, snooze your listing temporarily. Your listing will automatically activate when the timeframe you set is over.

1. Click your name in the top-right corner of airbnb.com
  2. Select Your Listings
  3. Click on Manage Listing and Calendar for the listing you want to edit
  4. Select Snoozed in drop-down menu on the bottom-left
  5. Enter the Start date and End date

While snoozed, your listing won't show up in search results and you won't receive any booking requests. The day before your listing automatically activates, you'll get a reminder email that your listing will be available to book.

You’re still responsible for your confirmed reservations while your listing is snoozed.

Unlist for an unspecified period of time

If you want to take a break from hosting for an unspecified period of time, unlist your space temporarily. You will need to come back to re-list your space.

1. Click your name in the top-right corner of airbnb.com
  2. Select Your Listings
  3. Click on Manage Listing and Calendar for the listing you want to edit
  4. Use the drop-down menu on the bottom-left to select Unlisted

While unlisted, your listing won't show up in search results and you won't receive any booking requests. You’re still responsible for your confirmed reservations while your listing is unlisted.

Hope this helps @Tessa2.

Cheers

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Patricia32
Level 2
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

@Dave-and-Deb0 Thank you, it helps a lot your answer! So, if I snooze my listings, my response and commitment rates won't be affected?

I will be on vacations so I will block those dates as well as snooze my listings for that period. I like to keep communication with my guests at all times! Thanks again and happy hostings!! Patricia

Mark1
Level 3
Denver, CO

This is a very confusing feature, and I don't think the available help or even workflow dialogs explain well what is going on.

The short answer is you are better off also manually blocking the dates you will be on vacation so that you don't have any reservations staying during that period.  You can also snooze during that period if you don't want any inquries while you are on vacation.

Let me try to explain this with an example.

It is December 2015 and you are going on vacation the first week of March 2016.

If you don't want any guests to stay at your place during your vacation, manually set the vacation dates to "blocked" (not available) in your calendar.  This means that guests searching for your place will not be able to find it during your vacation and won't be able to book and stay there.

Now if you go and snooze your listing for the first week of March nothing will happen immediately.  But on March 1 your listing will be snoozed.  That means during the first week of March nobody will be able to see your listing for any point in the future.  A traveler wanting to book your place for April 2016 will not be able to during the week it is snoozed, they won't even be able to see it.  But if they search for it in December 2015 or any point before or after the snoozed week they will.

So really snooze just prevents you from getting an inquiry for the future that you might be slow to respond to.  Like if you are on a cruise with no internet, and you care about your Superhost rankings like responsiveness, you might get an inquiry on the first day of your vacation and not respond for about a week, when previously you always respond on the same day.

One last way to try and make this concept make sense is I would suggest there is never an advantage to snooze dates in the future, you should snooze right when you are about to go on vacation.  This will prevent confusion about future snoozes.

Niki0
Level 6
London, United Kingdom

I am so happy to have stumbled across this on the forums!  Snoozing is exactly what I am looking for!

There are long term tenants going into one of my units in April so snoozing is absolutely spot on to avoid the days that refuse to stay blocked, dont get advertised while the long term tenant is in occupation.

Genius!

Erin44
Level 1
New York, NY

I would like to snooze for this month but I have two guests booked for this month. Will they still be able to message with me through my Airbnb host profile?

Yes!

Marlon3
Level 2
Manila, Philippines

We live in a very popular resort village in the Philippines, right across the street from the beach. We rent our Granny Annex (since my mother passed) while we are in residence, but rental of houses is not permitted and we are concerned about falling foul of the village association rules on this.

So we “unlist” our AirBNB listing between 9 and 5 daily so that staff in the village management office are unlikely to spot our listing. This strategy has worked so far, and we accept the fact that we won’t be getting any new bookings during the day, but it is a problem that while “unlisted” we cannot send and receive messages to people who have already enquired or, worse yet, already made a booking.

I know that with the “snooze” feature your listing cannot be seen by new searchers, but does anyone know if it allows you to communicate with people that have already sent you a message?

how is this strategy working?

Yes!!! You CAN message ALL previous and past guests while on Snooze. I do it all the time! Kind of what you do, only because sometimes I'm at work when a booking happens 

But, thank you for telling us about Unlist, because, I've never done that, nor realized I would not be able to send or receive messages from! 

I did snooze but i can not see in my caalendar all the bookings aalready made .. !! why and how i will contact my guests if i dont know what dates are coming ? is it 100% sure that snoozing the list will be completly out of search ingene ? thanks.

Federica197
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Hi guys,

Is there a maximum number of days you can snooze your listing for?

I had it snoozed until April 2018 but I just received a booking (Feb) - with no notice at all from Airbnb that my listing was going live again.

Unfortunately, I will have to cancel this booking 😞

Thanks,

Federica

Rosemary130
Level 1
Thornton, CO

I wold like to snooz my listing, but I would also like for the people who are staying there now to be able to leave a review. If I snooze my listing, can they still do that?

@Rosemary130  Yes, AirBnB will still send them the email to review your listing after a stay.

Ruby-Claire0
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

One guest rated us 5 in every category but she gave us 4 for overall rating. It does not make sense and defies logic. Why is that? According to Airbnb the guest gave the overall rating and was not generated by them. Please enlighten us. Thanks.