Bed Details/Sleeping Arrangements: A New Airbnb Option Under Basics Section

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Bed Details/Sleeping Arrangements: A New Airbnb Option Under Basics Section

I just noticed that Airbnb now is allowing users to add detail on the types of beds they have for their listing.  I am not sure if this is rolled out to all the countries but it appears to be in Canada and the USA.  Wondering if other countries have it and if so, are the beds choices the US standards or do they offer European choices in Europe?

To check it out, go to your listing, and then "Basics" and scroll down and you will find "Bed Details".

beds.png

This is how it appears in your listing:

bed2.png

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

21 Replies 21

I have this option on my listing containing two beds, but not on the listings with one bed. Here in France the sizes are meaningless as we not only use different terms to USA (Full, Queen, King etc) but the sizes of our matresses are in cm and also very different.

I thought they might have European sizes for those in Europe but as @Raymond-and-Elaine0 indicate this is not the case.  Too bad!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

No good for me at all. My guests need to read the description because my listing contains antique beds. On the drop down menu there is no mention of a 3/4 bed which is 6 inches narrower than a double but wider than a single. Couples can sleep in them if they are "close"! There is also no mention of a roll-away cot. Mine is a rather good one, very substantial, with a memory foam mattress. No category for that one! So I left them all blank, rather than have that part of my listing misleading.

I dont have it but as others have said the sizes are different anyway. A single is approx equivalent to an American twin. A double is four foot. A queen is four foot six and a king is roughly an American Queen. 

I have seen hosts have issues before with Americans complaining they didnt get a king and they were promised one. The sizes are just different. 

Isabelle3
Level 5
Leura, Australia

I saw this by accident whilst making changes to my listing.  I wish AirBnB admin would inform us when changes to specifications /improvements to sites descriptions do occur.

Thanks Dave 

Kelly3
Level 10
Seoul, South Korea

Airbnb is actually supporting 'not reading the listing information'.....

Trine0
Level 4
Copenhagen, Denmark

Unfortunately, that detail has not reached my country. Perhaps it's becouse my listing is a one bedroom one! @Raymond & Elaine have written about it. But I have written below the picture of my bed,how wide it is. In cm, because it is what we use here in Europe.

Wendy-and-Markus0
Level 10
United States

@Dave-and-Deb0:

I tried to update my listing but did not see that option, and I am in the U.S. I wonder if they are rolling out the feature in phases. I will keep an eye out.

I also do not see the option when I try to update my listings 😞 though I am in the US.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Agree.  The feature is more confusing than helpful for European hosts.  If I add a bed type, extra info is needed in the footnote. Something I fear only very few read before they book or inquire.  I always ask the guests to read the full listing before booking, but still there are misunderstandings - especially when command of the English language and travel experience is limited.  It would be a disaaster with instant book.  

I wont be using this option for fear of being noted down in accuracy:

The US twin is 38" (96,5cm)  Here in France the width is 90cm

The full is 53" (134,6cm)  Our standard is 140cm

The Queen is 60" (152,4)  Our large is 160cm

The king is 76" (193cm)     Our extra large is 180cm

Nothing matches up so I can't use this option here in France. UK, Portugal Sweden to name just a few have their own standard measurments.

@Dave-and-Deb0

@Raymond-and-Elaine0 

Yeah, we have it in the U.K., and it's a little weird for me because for large groups I'll set up an air mattress... so I don't want people to think that there's constantly a bed in the common area. Also, I agree, the sizes are just going to confuse American (or other foreign) visitors. 

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Thank you @Dave-and-Deb0. I was looking for a way to indicate beds as the distinction between real bed and couch bed had disappeared. I now have the feature for 3 listings, including a bed in a shared area, but not the fourth listing of a private room. 

The sizes are different, as @Raymond-and-Elaine0 said, besides I do not understand the distinctions very well. There are are two lit double to choose from and two canapés / couches. Maybe one of the folding out beds is a single bed, the other a double. It's not indicated but the icons differ a bit. I did not find a distinction for the two double beds, maybe lost in translation. Inches / cm would be better. 

Besides, I just checked: there is no filter in the search for real beds any more and no new filter for the different beds. You can indicate what you like but seems people looking for comfort can't search for real beds and exclude mattresses on the floor. 

Lucille-and-Alan0
Level 7
Toronto, Canada

Not avaialble in Toronto. Where it is avaialble does it offer king bed? This needs to be searchable.