re-enabling blocked calendar dates due to cancelation

Answered!

re-enabling blocked calendar dates due to cancelation

About calendar enabling, i canceled a trip for a guest due to maintenance, and now I decided to pay extra to have that room ready by the date they arrive...can i get that reservation back???

1 Best Answer
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Olivia-and-Olivier0 only by speaking to Airbnb and explaining. At the moment, as you cancelled those dates will be blocked out and they will need to unblock them - assuming of course they think your reasons are justified.

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Olivia-and-Olivier0 only by speaking to Airbnb and explaining. At the moment, as you cancelled those dates will be blocked out and they will need to unblock them - assuming of course they think your reasons are justified.

Who will unblock it? the canceled guests?

Hi Mateja, no idea, I never found out.  This issue is solved in September between host and the guest.  Turns out the guest could not cancel their request (although they decided not to stay with us anymore, they got new arrangements) but airbnb did not respond in time to support us on this issue. And as a result, I got penalized for canceling an existing reservation(could affect achieving superhost status), although it was done in good credit and in the most responsible way.

Can anyone reconsider this, as a lack of response on airbnb side?

I have had a similar issue. I am new to air bnb and had a booking made for Dec 2- 4

The guest had paid and I replied to accept, but then the client had booked another property and wanted to cancel.

I had to cancel the booking so they could get their refund as they could not get any response from air bnb.

So now my dates are blocked as if it were my doing. I cannot unblock calendar and I cannot contact air bnb.

Sooooooo stressed!!

hi Janine, Im sory this is causing you troubbles as well.  I "checked-out" of feeling stressed anymore, because in the end, I did all I could do, I acted responsibly as I would have like my host (if I were the guest) to act...and the rest is Airbnb and their lack of response/professionalism. I am annoyed that they punish me (with holding the calcelation against me) for a manager never getting back to me in a timely manner (I called their 1800 number twice and wrote emails too).

This is all I got, then nobody ever contacvted me! if they need to hire more people, they should do so, or not punish hosts acting in good faith to make sure a guest has a decent and clean living space. Please see below:

Maslin Laurent wrote:

I’m forwarding your case onwards to our Trip team, and a dedicated case manager will be in touch soon.

I appreciate your loyalty with Airbnb. Hope all is well.

Best Regards,

Maslin L.

Maslin Laurent
www.airbnb.com/help

currently in this problem myself, from the sounds of what i'm reading on the forums this is pretty much useless issue? they won't unblock my date? 

or worse, they are impossible to contact about it? if any one has had success in this please let me know! 

Tracy77
Level 1
West Hollywood, CA

Help!!  Cancellation due to host error in sending offer  Guest Error  in excepting   Then mistake in amending offer big mass we decided to cancel and start over  - result guest asked for cancellation host gave cancellation -now we want to rebook with the same guest through Airbnb but iits blocked ??? 

Hi, 

I'm having the same issue. The guest contacted me through airbnb to cancel. This was 2 weeks in advance and in compliance with my policy so there was no penalty to the guest. Airbnb did not state that if I canceled those dates would be blocked and it  said that it would be canceled in any event in 48 hours. Since we are encouraged to be responsive, I canceled. I wish I hadn't. Now those dates, 7 days, which is a huge chunk of time and means the loss of money I really can't afford to lose, are blocked. I have sent feedback to airbnb, but after I submitted it said feedback is not attended to on an individual basis.

Does anyone know how to contact them in a more direct way? This is an incredibly unfair policy on their part, especially considering that they give no warning about this consequence. 

- Eleni 

NYC

I just had to cancel a guest OK my fault i will pay the $50 penalty although it was a genuine mistake.

i now cant unblock the calendar this is just NOT FAIR

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi Sue

We all know its not fair, but its a consequence of canceling a booking.

no superhost status for a year

Lower in the rankings

$50 fine and calander blocked so you can't book the same dates

If you have extenuating circumstances for the cancelation, contact ABB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165