payment problems

Danielle165
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

payment problems

Hi everyone

I recently completed payment for a place which was accepted. The amount was taken out of my account and everything seemed to be fine and I recieved the invoice confirming this. A few hours later I recieved an email from AIRBNB saying that my card was suspicous and that the booking had subsequently been cancelled and the payment declined.

I contacted my bank who informed me that from their end the payment had gone through successfully and that there were no issues. I also contacted the host who has been really understanding and informed me that it was because I didnt follow 'steps in the invoice' but I have no idea what steps they are talking about.

I have contacted AirBNB via their help page but have not recieved a response yet. I am worried now that I will not get the money refunded back to me (which was a substantial amount) because I have not heard back. I have to initiate the booking process again with my host however I can't do that unless I have the money refunded back to my account. It is currently sitting in 'pending transactions.'

Any guidance/assistance with this would be much appreciated - Im not sure what has even happened, let alone what to do from here. I am a first time AirBIB user and so far I havnt had the easiest experience!

Thanks 🙂 

2 Replies 2
Alexandros9
Level 3
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Hi @Danielle165. I wouldn't worry about not getting a refund. They might withhold the Airbnb fee though. It's best to speak by phone. Here is Airbnb's Australia number: +61 2 8520 3333

Thank you!