new hosting

Lisa438
Level 1
Bispham, United Kingdom

new hosting

have now set up my room and having moved to a new area a little apprehensive but would love to get my first booking and been on for a few weeks now and still no booking one enquiry but thats all and no booking.  Dont think on too dear at £20 per night in Bispham, Blackpool. What am i doing wrong? Can anyone help me thanks

5 Replies 5
Jennifer178
Level 10
Philadelphia, PA

Hi @Lisa438, welcome to the Airbnb world.  I looked, on my tablet not a PC, at your listing and did not see a description of yourself. What you are like as a host, what you like to do, why do you love your area, etc.  Give actual times to places while walking.  A short walk to you may be a long walk to someone else.  Even if it really is a short distance.  Can someone walk to Winter Gardens?

Your pricing seems right in line with the area and amenities.  If you don't mind, I would suggest redoing your photos. I would brighten up the photos by taking them during the sunny part of the day with all the lights on.  Your pictures of the bathrooms need some tweaking. Remove the toilet brushes in the picture until after your photo is taken.  Your toilet paper rolls need to look brand new. The towel in the first bathroom photo is a bit dingy against the white wall, maybe use a brighter colored one to break up all the white. I would also remove the little seat from the tub.

The second photo of the bedroom, is this the single room you mention?, shows a rumpled bed, stuffed animals and storage bins. The room is already small, you can make it feel bigger by getting rid of anything unnecessary.  The last photo looks like it was taken through a screen, I would get rid of it.   Do you have pictures of the seaside and some of the attractions and lovely walks?

The photos really effect how people think about a listing just as well-presented food makes you want to eat it. Maybe have 15-20 that really highlight your home's best features and all that Bispham has to offer.

I hope I have not overstepped my bounds.  It is the quiet time for my area now due to the winter.  I would not expect a seaside area to have huge demand at this time of the year in England.  Have you checked the other lstings in your area?  There are tons of openings in your area so it is not just you.  Keep the faith, tweak your listing and the bookings will come.

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Lisa, congratulations on joining airbnb. You have a well priced room in a lovely home.

You will get guests soon, so enjoy this down time and slowly improve things.  Once you start getting guests, you won't have time for the "niceties" such as improving things!

Unfortunately, while your pictures are showing us your nice house, our eyes wonder to the out of place things.

We can't help it, our eyes are curious.

So to prevent us from not seeing what you don't want us to see, simplify.

Photographers use this trick all the time.

For example, your bathtub picture shows your stool and bathmat. You should be proud that you are offering this well thought out service. Unfortunately, it detracts from what you want us to see - a nice clean white bath.  We as guests don't want to be reminded that we are feeble and need to take care. Remove these objects for the picture. Then, when guests do come, they'll be pleased you have these safety features.

Please reconsider your most important picture - your selfie.  You are going against the standard, by showing your whole body.

Is this what you want us to see or do you want us to see your beautiful welcoming smile? Or maybe smiling while you are dancing?

The nice thing about airbnb, is you can do improvements slowly over time, One better picture at a time.

Good luck

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lisa438

In addition to the other comments....

You say the room accommodates 3 people - doesnt look like it could. Do you mean you have a sofa bed in the living room if required? If so then you need to describe this. 

Also - you have ticked private bathroom. That means that the guest has sole use of the bathroom. Is that the case?

Finally - while your pricing may be in line with those in your area, you may need to under cut others for a while to get your first few bookings through the door.

Good luck

Kamelia1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone!
I a a new host based in central London. I have listed my 2 apartments 4 days ago but I still don't have any inquiries. Can you give me an acvice on to how to optimize my visibility and is it normal to have no bookings when my apartment is new to airbnb.
Lonve and peace,
Kamelia

Kamelia1
Level 2
London, United Kingdom