ALL names of clients needed for security

Penni-and-Peter0
Level 4
Mill Valley, CA

ALL names of clients needed for security

When a client brings a guest, it is a must that I know who ! Need first & last name. Not "I'm bringing my wife, girlfriend etc."

In addition I want to know who they work for !  I don't care that they how 12,000 friends on FB.   Let's go beyond Linked in.  

I rent our a room in my home. I need to know I am secure.  

Had one client decide to bring someone else as he walked in the front door even after reading my house rules. 

Trust and Security !

Do more for the host.

9 Replies 9
Diane8
Level 2
Fletcher, NC

We can stress over and over again about our safety to Airbnb, but they do nothing about it....

Suzanne9
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

I have to tell you that I had a bad experience with a guest and AirBnB came through wonderfully for me - got the people out immediately!

Three cheers for AirBnb!

Suzanne

Diane8
Level 2
Fletcher, NC

Glad to hear that...not for me....i had to wait till he left before I could even call airbnb because of this man's threats.....did they allow you to keep the money?

Suzanne9
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Yes, I kept the money for the days they stayed, but refunded the rest so they could find another place. Luckily, mine weren't threatening, just totally clueless, messy and ignored house rules. AirBnB was right on it. So sorry to hear about your experience.

Suzanne

Suzanne9
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

I agree with the first post, we should know the full names of ALL guests that are coming.

Suzanne

Charlene15
Level 1
Palm Desert, CA

I alway get all guest names  that confrims all guests. Or they don't get in- I have a greeter check them out. I do not take just anyone. It's abot 50/50 I want employed for retired . I live in a gated area w/guard . So far I've had the best time booking and getting the Villa ready for the guests. 

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Neu in der Community? Stell dich hier vor. Siehe auch Community Hilfe! Richtlinien & Infos findest du in Neuigkeiten.

Marie54
Level 3
Murdock, NE

I strongly disagree; You agreed to join the hospitality industry.  Airbnb is your agent in that industry.  We compete with hotels, and other traditional industry lodging.  The expectations of your customer is privacy, not interrogation.  The norm in this industry is to protect the privacy of your guest - don't intrude.  If you insist on asking for this information, good luck in getting the bookings.  Don't expect Airbnb to require this, because many hosts will join me in lobbying against it.  I would never want them to impose this on my guests.  They would loose a lot of the market with this imposition.

When was the last time you checked into another form  of lodging and they required that detail?  You can tell me and I, and many others, will not patronize such a place.

Suzanne9
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Marie, are you serious? You think that just asking for someone's NAME is invading their privacy? I always ask for names and I have plenty of bookings. If you find it presumptious for someone to ask what your NAME is before you book with them, then definitely, find another place to sleep.

Suzanne