how to increase bookings

Tauly0
Level 2
Bucharest, Romania

how to increase bookings

hello everyone,

for the last year I have started to host with my Bucharest Apartment.

located in the best central place in Bucharest, full equipped, and still for the last year I had very few reservation compering to other assets.

I really think I’m doing something wrong, what do you think?

will appreciate any advice or note ..

looking forward to hear from my fallows hosts,

thank you,

5 Replies 5
Tauly0
Level 2
Bucharest, Romania
Mel101
Level 10
Amsterdam, NL

Hi @Tauly0.

Your apartment is stunning, and the photos are excellent. I think that your description is clear, and your rules are not arduous.

The list price is very good, when I look today, but it is almost twice as much for the weekend. This might be a factor that puts a lot of guests off. That said, I don't know what your local market can carry in terms of price increases, and weekend rates, but perhaps you need to look closely at the sort of rates that other hosts charge at the weekend, to see if you are competitive. Maybe flatten out the fees a bit, so there's not such a huge increase at the weekends (and by flatten, I actually mean look at increasing your base rate a little, as well as maybe bringing the weekend price down, so it evens out). Again, this is very specific to the Bucharest market, so research on your market is vital.

The only other thing that I can see that may affect your booking rates is that you have two cancellations on record.  I know that they're from a year ago, but that does put guests off. It's a Catch22, because you need more reviews for them to drop further down the reviews, but this may be the thing that stops people booking, and thus giving you more reviews. 

Having instant booking on helps. You can set it up so that only people with verified I'D and positive reviews can book instantly. Other people may still book, but have to request first, so you can vet them to see if you're comfortable. 

Then, there's other marketing tips, like having your listing URL in your email signature, and doing regular  social media posts with your listing, and asking friends to share them. If you can get people to add your listing to their wish lists (by getting them to click the heart icon in the top right of the photo on your listing) that also helps get you seen higher in your area. 

I'm sure others will have some more tips for you, but good luck. 

Cheers

Mel

thank you @Mel101 for your kind respond. 

I will take to my attention the promotion of the page of the apartment on the social networks

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Tauly0

instant booking is the answer 🙂 turn it on

Hey Tauly Wow! I absolutely love your place. My only suggestion would be to consider SEO so that you can appear higher in the search rankings. How often do you update your calendar? Also, be sure to log in frequently as these things help your listing to appear active which means you'll list higher. This blog post explains it much better than what I can https://www.airgms.com/property-management-software/airbnb-seo/?utm_source=Airbnb%20Community%20Cent...