Cancellation

Gloria37
Level 3
Neils Harbour, Canada

Cancellation

I  am a new host with first listing in operation since June 6th. All has gone very well to date with Red Rustic retreat. I listed a second place and had a major issue with plumbing on the morning of the first reservation and also had a family medical issue(my mother needed to be transported 3 hrs road trip for urgent ct scan. I was able to relocate the couple who had reserved for that night. However I felt I should cancel  3 reservations for the following week while there was still time fo them to make new arrangements. I think the first cancellation was waived, the 2nd cost me 100 , the 3rd cost me $ 50.  I saw here in comments somewhere that the deduction is just the  amount of the cancelled reservations taken from expected earnings for the month. I dont believe that is what the cancellation fees are. I dont expect payout for cancelled reservations of course but I believe the cancellation costs are deducted from other reservation payouts.. Am I correct? 

Also does anyone with experience here believe i have a case for pleading extentuating circumstances and how do I contact AIRBNB to make the case. I have already had cancellation fees/penalties  whatever they are called  deducted from my most recent payout.  Thanks for any clarification you can give me. 

Oh , since I'm asking your opinion i should mention that the plumbing issue was a sudden  serious leak in sewage tank on the RV  I had listed. A new replacement tank has been ordered. We received a call that my ailing mother could be fitted in for a ct scan as soon as we could get her to the hospital 3 hrs drive away  at the same time we were trying to assess and correct plumbing issue. 

2 Replies 2
Ash-and-Dasha0
Level 10
Redwood City, CA

RE: your cancelation fees, yes , they'll come out from other reservations for which you are expecting to get paid. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Here are ways to contact airbnb 

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

Thank you Ash and Dasha