guest reviews me as if they were a host

Sarah338
Level 2
Santa Cruz, CA

guest reviews me as if they were a host

I had two guests this weekend who filled out reviews as if they were the host, and now it comes to me to review them as if I were there guest. how do I correct this, and why did it happen?

3 Replies 3
Rebecca113
Level 2
Udine, IT

Happened to me as well...if anyone knows how to "fix" this please advise.
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

It seems that there are always some type of system glitch going on with the Air BNB platform.  Sometimes it is more common on the phone or IPad, but also on the PC.  I cannot find any tech contact but I have sent a message through the Air BNB Twitter account and the message is forwarded to the appropriate department.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah338 @Linda108 @Rebecca113. Hi Sarah.....Airbnb are all the time trying to 'improve' their platform, and minor 'tweaks' to the program here and there are happening with increasing regularity. At times it seems like Airbnb are trying to re-invent the wheel!

So many of these changes are happening that it is probably not possible for Airbnb to flag all of them to users in advance.

I have been involved in a number of computer programs over the years! In fact I am having a devil of a time right now with a 'Meals on Wheels', (a volunteer meals supply organisation) program and I can state that seemingly minor alterations to one part of a program can have a 'trickle down' effect throughout the program, and it is in part, the function of the Community Forum to alert Airbnb to this sort of problem.

Thanks Sarah for bringing it up! It is probable that you cannot get a definitive answer from the forum at this time….. but you have alerted us!

Contact Airbnb helpdesk via the options you will find in the 'Search for Anything' box at the top of this page and report this issue you are having and hopefully they can sort it out for you. I guess there are times when the host would like to be the guest, but maybe this is not one of them. ....cheers....Rob