extra guest pricing

Nik6
Level 3
Florence, Italy

extra guest pricing

Is it possible to choose seasonal options where you can charge for extra guests in some months and not in others? As far as I can see if you add the Extra Guest pricing it affects all pricing across the board, you cannot override it. Airbnb really needs to let us customize pricing the same way as I can in Booking.com and Homeaway. 

9 Replies 9
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your places look stunning. I am adding to my wish list 🙂

Yes just go into your calendar and put in the prices you like for different periods. You can also add an increase for weekends in your pricing section.

Have a look at what people around you are offering for similar quality properties and charge accordingly.

Thank you for your kind words!  I did exactly what you said! I first went in and entered a high season price for Mar - Oct with extra guest pricing. But upon checking the Low season pricing from now until Feb 28 where I did not want to have extra guest pricing at all, just a flat rate for weekday and weekend, I can't seem to override the extra guest pricing that I have chosen for High season.  Is there an option to remove the extra guest pricing for low season? 

No, the system is not dynamic enough to only seasonally charge extra guests at this time.  You could lower your off-season price to account for the extra person charges. 

Thank you for your response! I am really surprised that the pricing engine is so basic on Airbnb, seeing that they seem to have a better layout and communication system for the rest of their site.  I must say that Homeaway so far seems to have a very dynamic pricing system where you have all kinds of choices. I hope someone from Airbnb is reading this!

Richard251
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

Hi.  I too would like this feature.  I charge a base rate in the off season to attract couples and an extra guest rate to maximise income from the larger groups.  On peak times I just charge a flat premium rate becasue I know the market will support it.  Its frustrating to have something so basic not available.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

@Nik6 and @Richard251, if you feel strongly about this, you could post it in Host Voice. That is at the top of this forum, in the "Discuss" dropdown. 

If you do post there, you could note the link here, and ask anyone who feels the same as you to go to it and give it a thumbs up. The more attention it gets in Host Voice, the better chance it has of being considered. 

Richard251
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

Thank you Lawrene

I have done as you suggest.

Thanks for your input. Appreciate it.

Hi, I also would like to have a charge for extra people some times in the year. has anyone found a way around this yet? 

thankyou. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

My solution to this is that I have two different listings. It’s weird but was the only way I could figure to do it. 

Listing 1- starts with pricing for 1 guest, goes to a max of 4 and is targeting a weekday business traveler (this one also requires positive reviews for IB)

Listing 2- starts with 5 guests, can go to 8 and is targeting a larger weekend group. 

In my case the calendars are the same, but in your case you could set the sizes & pricing you wanted and block each ones calendar seasonally.