Review section for Airbnb customer service no longer there!

Nik6
Level 3
Florence, Italy

Review section for Airbnb customer service no longer there!

Superhost here! I have to write my first negative review but I am hesitant to do so. I thought I would just leave the boxes blank except for the box that only Airbnb can see but now I find that that section has been removed by Airbnb! So how do I complain to Airbnb about this client?

They certainly seemed to like the apt very much as they wrote it met their high standards but apparently they do not have high standards for themselves! They lied about how many they were. Booked for 2 and had their adult son and his friend there too. When confronted they lied again, saying that the 2 boys had just arrived to visit them (with huge backpacks!). Check out is at 10A, we gave them until 11A but they refused to leave until 12 noon with the cleaning crew waiting outside for an hour. In fact they intended to stay longer as their train was at 6P and we had offered to keep their luggage until later but after the confrontation and late departure, the offer was rescinded and I literally had to throw them out.They started coming up with excuses such as the construction noises outside, in the middle of the day, in a busy city like central Florence! After they left, the cleaner then found an expensive 300Euro blanket missing, so we sent them a msg and they said, look inside the sofa! We have a 2 bdm and we never advertise the fact that we have a sofa bed as we really do not want 6 ppl in the apt. But since they had moved in the extra 2 boys, they had opened up the sofa bed and used it and carelessly left the blanket crushed inside the sofabed. Of course, that was clear proof that they had used both bedrooms and the sofa bed for the 4 of them! 

They did not seem well travelled and they only have one review about them. As far as I can see, they have never ever written a review. They said it was a big mistake for them to have stayed at our Airbnb instead of a hotel so I doubt there is going to be a next time for them in any Airbnb esp since their attempt to hide 2 ppl did not work out well and I sure they believe I have complained to Airbnb about them already. 

If I write a review at the last minute I probably risk getting a negative review which will spoil my all 5 star, 41 reviews. I really do want to let Airbnb know but now I don't know how to do that since they have removed that box altogether!

Any suggestions? Thanks

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Since host/guest reviews are blind, @Nik6, the guest will write (or not) the review based on their experience.  I would recommend a thumbs down review, meaning the guest is not recommended.  If you want to include details, you can address the disre2gard for house rules and the dishonest communication.  Frankly, Air BNB notification is usually for serious crimial or malicious issues, but you could use the flag on the guest profile for communication about guest behaviour.

@Nik6

I would write a review.If they write one and you do not..theirs will be published anyway.I would not be long winded in your review..just list the pros and cons as it were of having them as guests...so you can be seen as giving a fair but honest and 'polite' review. If you get a dishonest review from them, report it and see what happens. Even if you get a not so perfect review then your current 5 star reviews will hardy dent what the overall opinion of your property is. They didnt steal anything or cause any damage so it all could have been worse. They just played awkward and tried to get something for nothing (free bed for the boys) 

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Nik6 

The guests won't be able to see your review of them before after they have reviewed you so don't be afraid to write an honest review 🙂