cancellations

Amie9
Level 1
York, United Kingdom

cancellations

Hi, I want to ask for some help regarding my recent bokings with air bnb. I have had two bookings cancelled on within 6 weeks of my visit and the second cancelled less than 3 weeks before my visit. I trusted air bnb to book a place for 6 people to stay for a wedding abroad and both times I have been let down. One booking agreed the booking, let me pay then a month later cancelled my booking with no communication. I then found it back on air bnb for £200 more for the week. How is this allowed to happen? I now have 6 people with nowhere to stay and a paid for wedding abroad in less than 3 weeks. Has anyone had similar experiences and if so how has this been resolved previously? I cant even leave reviews so that future bookings dont get caught out the same as me. Please help 😞

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Amie9  When you are a traveler making plans for such an important event, having a host cancel is very disruptive for you.  It is possible for extenuating circumstances to occur for a host causing the cancellation.  Unlike a hotel, most hosts do not have another back up room to offer.  However, should a host cancel in order to raise the price of the listing, that is a HUGE no-no on Air BNB and should be reported.  

It seems that there are two issues.  Most urgently, you need a suitable affordable place.  Also, you want to report the financially driven cancellation.  I suggest you call Air BNB.  The UK number is +44 203 318 1111.  Ask for help and make a report.  Good luck