Keep getting bookings on blocked dates

Liz-And--Ivan0
Level 1
United Kingdom

Keep getting bookings on blocked dates

I have several dates unavailable on our listing as we have bookings not through airbnb.  One month ago, I got a double booking on a date I knew I had booked out and had to cancel for which I then get penalised.  I double checked all our dates to ensure that all were entered as unavailable.  Two weeks ago we had people turn up at our door who had instant booked and got in a taxi to our house when we had no availability.  Again, i had booked out dates and they said it hadnt confirmed immediately but allowed them.  Again today I have had a double booking on a day I had booked out as unavailable.  My calendar even shows the other persons name on it (who didnt book through airbnb and whose name i had written on my notes in calendar) but airbnb has over ridden it and I have had to ask customer again to cancel.  What can I do , this is ridiculous.  I have instant book on and dont want to take that off as we get more customers that way and reading advise you shouldnt be able to book on days not available.  The days not available are in grey so shouldnt be able to book them.

LIz 

*title updated

5 Replies 5
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Liz0And Ivan  Airbnb is aware of the system issue where blocked dates become available resulting in unwanted reservations.  Contact Airbnb if you had to cancel reservations because of this.  

Liz189
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Thanks Clare - how is best way to contact them as I always find it impossible to get through to anyone? The U.K. Number puts you on hold for 30 mins then clicks off and no email available. Thanks - Liz 

Liz189
Level 1
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Thanks so much Clare - will give Twitter a go and see how I get on - Liz 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Liz0 And Ivan My preferred method for contacting support is through twitter since I can send them a Direct Message which is private and then just wait for a reply which normally comes rather quickly.  There's nothing worse than waiting on hold on a phone call. 

Airbnb's twitter address is @AirbnbHelp. 

Here's how to send a Direct Message:  https://support.twitter.com/articles/14606

If you don't want to set up a twitter account, you can always contact support here:  

www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

Just keep selecting "My Question is about something else"  where eventually you will get to a page where you can send an email. 

Twitter is easier and faster, though. 

Let me know if you need more help with this. 

Clare

Frank188
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

i need to contact airbnb about this same issues and don't want to set up twitter. where on www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us can i select "my question is about something else"? i get about 200 suggested replies for any question i type in but no option "my question is about something else" thanks.