What options do I have if I find the property I booked to be terrible?

Answered!
Kimberly215
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

What options do I have if I find the property I booked to be terrible?

Reading through some discussions I am discouraged and worry that booking a properity with Airbnb will be a mistake when I travel to Italy.

I am a very diligent host and diligent traveler, but have experienced properties to be not as described in the past despite carefully considering reviews (in one case host advertised her space as private w/private bath and it was actually a shared space with another guest, nothing in reviews indicated this fact). If I were to find a property to be unacceptable (dirty, insects, failed A/C or heat, etc) and not as described by the host what protection do I have if I cannot stay there and must find a new place to stay?

1. Does Airbnb provide me with a full refund?

2. Does Airbnb find me new accommodations immediately?

Wondering if the risk is worth it. 

Thanks for your help,

KT

1 Best Answer
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello Kimberly,

The article below describes the process for notifying Airbnb of issues and what issues are likely to trigger action on Airbnb's part.

What is Airbnb's Guest Refund Policy for homes?

Steve.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello Kimberly,

The article below describes the process for notifying Airbnb of issues and what issues are likely to trigger action on Airbnb's part.

What is Airbnb's Guest Refund Policy for homes?

Steve.

John-and-Tim0
Level 4
Palm Springs, CA

Kimberly,

We just got back from Italy and stayed in 5 different Airbnb locations in Sicily over two weeks (we've also stayed in Rome, Tuscany, Venice).  All were pretty amazing.

Practicing your due diligence is a good thing.  Message the host and ask the questions that the listing may not address or that are concerning to you.  

If you arrive at the property and it is not as advertised you can report the listing and host and then contact Airbnb to help you find alernative accommodations.  The time frame on all this is the wild card.  Even booking a hotel can be a gamble.

If you're expecting a bad experience, a bad experience you will have.  

Kimberly215
Level 2
Pittsburgh, PA

I don't expect bad experiences, but I do like being prepared. Thanks for your reply.