What does it mean "Your home is no longer available for this guest"?

What does it mean "Your home is no longer available for this guest"?

1. how do i get an answer to whats going on? posting on here doesn't seem to work. this is deeply concerning, and clearly harmful to me trying to build a business. how do a turn off whatever it is thats been turned on?

2. why did i get an invoice when a guest cancelled?

any help, even by smoke signal would be appreciated

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Rory15 If you didn't cancel a guest and it shows that you have on one of your listings, then give BNB a call. This is a forum where hosts help each other for free and isn't monitored by BNB

If you don't have the numbers look at at the first post on this forum which gives you details on all the ways to contact BNB.

If you did cancel the guest then BNB has quite severe penalties including blocking your calendar as you have indicated the space isn't available.

If you have Instant Book turned on - turn it off - it is a nightmare for new hosts as it enables anyone to book your space without you having a say.

@Rory15 - this means that a guest was inquiring about your listing for a specific set of dates.  In the meantime, all or some of those dates were booked by someone else or blocked by you, making "your home no longer available" for the inquiring guest. Check the dates and your calendar, is there a conflict for those nights?

Not sure what you mean by an "invoice" from a guest who cancelled.  Can you explain that? 

thanks for helping. unfortunately i don't think any of your ideas fitted the bill.

i have no date conflicts, though all are now past their requested dates. the dates in question had not been blocked and none of them were rejected by my end.

i am hoping that all this is just a language issue. It rather implies, the way its currently written, that the guest has been banned from renting my house.

The invoice reference is now defunct; I was sent an invoice for $10 or so after a client had enquired and not gone ahead. Its now dissappeared from the site.

Thanks for your help, though I wish the site had a simple contact them option.