Smart Pricing and rule-sets

Sándor0
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

Smart Pricing and rule-sets

Hi,

At Help center it's written: 

"How rules are used to calculate your nightly price

Once you apply a rule-set to a listing, it will override any existing pricing and availability settings you’ve set for those dates."

My question is which is "stronger" the rule-sets or the smart pricing. I think the rule-sets will overwrite any other settings.

Thank You for your help.

Kind regards,

Sándor

2 Replies 2
Kevin-and-Barb0
Level 2
Ellsworth, ME

Smart Pricing is the stronger rule:

"However, these rules will not affect listing prices when Smart Pricing is turned on—so you must turn Smart Pricing off in order to use this feature."

Fiona243
Level 10
Birkenhead, United Kingdom

I've just tried to create a rule set to increase prices over the holiday season. However, although the instructions on creating a rule set cover what happens to cleaning fees, they do not cover what happens to additional guest fees. Are additional guest fees still applied or not? This is not clear at all. 

What I do NOT want is that I set up a rule to increase the price by (say) 20% over Xmas, and then find that by applying this rule guests over 2 pax are free! I want to still be able to charge an additional fee for each guest over 2, AND also increase the prices by 20% for 2 people, AND increase the additional guest fees by the same percentage.

Airbnb really need to emply some professional technical writers to write their "Help" pages, as those pages are very poorly worded and ambiguous. It should not be necessary to have to rely on other hosts to answer straight forward questions about how the software works, this information should be provided clearly by Airbnb as they have (presumably) specified how the software is supposed to work.