Untrue comment from host

Jo117
Level 2
Hong Kong

Untrue comment from host

I have stayed with host that I haven't talked to her much for entire four days just couple days ago, and she simply left me a surprised negative review saying I am using her printer AT HER OFFICE where I didn't even know the location.

Yes I have asked if she mind to print out a NBA game ticket for me on her printer and she refused to help. Then I tried to save my ticket copy by hitting "print" on my laptop to save as PDF; she claimed the printer was not wifi connected and I can't use it which I am fine with it. And guess what, the printer was actually wifi connected and no wonder why the save as PDF option didn't show up when I hit print button twice!

If she actually found things shouldn't happen, PLEASE FREAKING ASK B4 THROWING SHADE ON ME! My game was on 11Feb and I didn't leave until 12Feb, she didn't say anything about the printing issue. The next thing I noticed is a nasty comment about I used her printer behind her back WTH!

I won't be uber down to brick town looking for hotel's printer, I am fine with the host not be helpful but please ask when you see things unusual. 

3 Replies 3
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Did you have a question?

There is nothing more you can do besides what you have already done (responding to her review).  You could have been a little nicer and apologized for the misunderstanding then give your side of the story - this may have made you look better in the eyes of future hosts.  Live and learn.

Thanks for advise.

I would love to being nice but she was the one throwing nasty false comment to me. I understand help is optional that's why I stopped asking any help after she said no, I just don't get it how she could I assume I transpass her office, as she was the one telling me that the printer ain't wifi connected - which is untrue. 

Sorry for my anger but it is just getting into my nerves when it comes to reputation - I always respect hosts guidelines and tried to ask minimum help to cause least trouble 

So I just read the review.  The host is mad, clearly, and is very upset about the situation.  It's important to point out that you had to connect to her printer to print, even on the wifi, which means that you manipulated your computer to create a path to that printer. That doesn't happen automatically so your "double print to pdf" story, to me, doesn't hold up.  I'm sorry, but while I think her review is harsh, I would want to know that a guest did this at another host home.  

BTW, this is not "throwing shade", throwing shade is to talk trash about you.  But I applaud you for adopting and using a trendy American catch-phrase, bless your heart.  (that's shade!) http://www.businessinsider.com/where-the-expression-throw-shade-comes-from-2015-3