Untrue Review

Susan612
Level 8
United States

Untrue Review

I was left a review by a host that is able to be verified as untrue when compared to the message thread between me and the host. I had a long term stay in this listing with many positive reviews.  I was seeking refund for a portion of the final stay and think the host may have written the review to sway air bnb into not refunding me. 

3 Replies 3
Susan612
Level 8
United States

The review is supposed to reflect the hosr's ecperirnce yet the review is not consistent with the conversation between me and the host in the message thread. 

I am confused as to what Air Bnb means when they say the review must reflect the hosts "personal experience". 

Priyanka7
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

I've been a host since December and have had such positive reviews both of my place and my hosting! Today I got a really damaging review from a guest who left 5 days ago. He had booked the third room in my apartment (mind you this is a big apartment in the heart of Rondebosch and not some shoe box) He lied and said that I didn't give him wifi, which is untrue as I have text messages to prove that I provided all of the codes. In addition, I wrote him a really nice review because he didn't have any and seemed new to Airbnb- we got along pretty well and I was shocked at his review. I also allowed him to use my phone for dinner Resevations and also allowed him to stay for 7 hours after checkout as his flight was in the evening at no extra costs- he definitely didn't take that into consideration. I'm not sure what the recourse is- or if I can get this removed. I've left a reply but it looks a bit tacky as it's a he said she said sort of situation. I'm absolutely devastated at this review considering that he booked my place on a 20% special discount offer.

Priyanka

Have you read Air Bnb Terms of Service 10.2? 

Have you taken any steps to get the review removed?