Transportation Service

Transportation Service

Good Day!

If we will be providing transporation service to guest how can they settle this to us?

Are we allowed to collect money from them for this service or this is still under airbnb?

6 Replies 6
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

The answer is "no". Transportation is 101% outside of what AirBnB is about. Anything you do along those lines is outside of AirBnB. And, while I'm not sure, even discussing it within AirBnB's message system might violate their TOS. I doubt that but don't know. Why not just suggest taxis or Uber, etc?

Thank you for your reply.

We do have available vehicles and drivers to do the service.

That still, as far as I know, is outside AirBnB's Terms of Service and entirely outside their payment system. I suppose you can communicate prices and payment options through AirBnB's message system, but that will put you at risk with AirbnB if things go awry and guests complain.

Personally, I think this sort of optional service would be an excellent addition to AirBnB. Perhaps you might suggest that to them and see if they eventually fold it into their booking and payment system. On the other hand, you should also be aware that charging for transportation w/o proper license/permits probably falls under your municipality's regulations, so you might be at jeopardy there.

Juliette11
Level 4
Denpasar, Indonesia

I use an external company for this. I take care of the payments (through Paypal or bank transfer). The drivers know my property well and makes it a worry-free experience for the guests. 

Alternative you can also use TimeResQ - a service provider for guests delivering groceries, goods and airport transfers. 

You can now as a host get a dedicated shop to share with your guests. TimeResQ delivers the goods directly to the guest and you earn 10% commission of the basket price. They have this service in 17 cities for now. 

Doan0
Level 2
Surrey, Canada

I am wishing Airbnb could do like Uber in Canada , I’m a Airbnb host now , I would like to be as a Airbnb driver also , it will be great for guests I thought .