Their Customer Service is FRIGHTFUL/HORRIBLE

Nowshir0
Level 1
Pittsburgh, PA

Their Customer Service is FRIGHTFUL/HORRIBLE

I tried 4 times unsucessfully to contact their Customer Support team today. Twice I began speaking to a rep, when the line got disconnected. They had my tel nr, but of course they did not bother to call me back. The 3rd time the line got disconnected after a wait of about 10 minutes. And now is the 4th time I am trying and guess how long I have been holding on- 1 hour 43 minutes- and still holding!!! Wow! Never experienced such disrespect for people's time! Shame on you Airbnb!

Oh and he first time when I did get through there was so much background noise and chatter amongst the customer support people that I could barely hear the guy. I asked him to do something about it so he muted himself whenever I was talking and then unmuted when he was talking - leading back to the same issue!!

3 Replies 3
Nowshir0
Level 1
Pittsburgh, PA

I kept the line open for 4 hours and no one picked up! It is a 24 hour nr!

Obviously a company that does not care about it's customers. I have read many other reports about their terrible customer service.

@Nowshir0

take a breath - and try an alternative. Think about this - Airbnb is a 800 million dollar company (twice the size of Hilton) - and is present in hundreds of countries acroos the world (I saw a post from Mongolia just yesterday!) so just imagine the call center that must exist to staff enough people (let alone train them all) to handle telephone calls from the MILLIONS of hosts out there around the world. It is never going to be a smooth or satisfactory process. But Airbnb do respond, and if you read the agreement and guidelines that are here to help you - you will see that telephone numbers for each country are listed BUT are for emergencies only (like - you have the police present in your property because of theft/damage, or you have a guest that has turned up with 10 'gnarly looking friends' or they will not leave the property and so on).

SO here are some alternative contact approaches (that work within hours)

TWITTER (@airbnbhelp)

Facebook 

And please read @Dave & Deb's REALLY USEFUL Guide on how to contact Airbnb - with the list of telephone numbers for each country and specific instructions on how to use twitter and facebook to get your answers.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/bd-p/Community-Help-EN     

then click on the HOW TO CONTACT AIRBNB post

Be patient - be kind - and be persistent. You will get through, like thousands others do every hour!

Best Wishes.

Those are nice excuses for the horrible service but it is still inexcusable. They are the most unresponsive company I have ever dealt with.  I don't care what size they are, they need to be more responsive.  People shouldn't have to wait for hours or send Tweets to get a response. It's been over a week and I can't get paid for hosting because of a simple mistake on Airbnb's end that they seem unable to resolve.  They provide a bunch of programmed lies, have no follow through and are completely ineffective.  They are going to lose hosts.