Suggestions to attract more guests.

Suggestions to attract more guests.

Hi Guys, I am a new host and I would really appreciate some tips , comments or suggestions that will help me to get more bookings. Can you please have a look at my listing and advise? https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14530017 Thanks Shalise Nelson
9 Replies 9
Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

I think you need to have at least one exterior photo, showing how your home looks from the street or front yard.

For the interior photos, try to take a few photos that show the entire room. Get all the way back in a corner and stand up high, use the widest angle setting that your camera has.

If there is a pretty view from any room, show the view.

Include a few photos at the end, showing some of the main attractions of the area -  the beaches, etc. Show the guest the reasons why they would want to go to that area.

Thank you so much Bob! 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would try and 'dress' your home a bit more - nice photos, pictures, plants, candles, cushions will all make it feel more homely.

Say how far it is from the beach - can you walk.

Look at how others locally describe their properties and also charge for it.

Your prices look supercheap for a carribean location but I am not sure what people charge in your area.

Make sure your home picture is a stunning one - I think a carribbean beach sunset and a beautifully dressed bedroom and a candlelit living room should be in your top three to go with your copy that says it's a good spot for couples.

Also add pictures of local attractions, street markets, etc

Good luck

Thank you Helen for your feedback.Regarding the pricing, I chose the smart pricing on Airbnb so they are the ones that cost it for me.

I will try the suggetions that you and Bob advised.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Shalise0

Please don't use smartpricing - in general it in no way relates to the going rate - it is far lower. 

If your place is too cheap - people won't book because they feel it is too cheap and there must be something wrong with it.

Look at what other comporable properties charge in your area and use that as a benchmark,

Basil1
Level 3
Kumily, India

Hi Shalise

You are having a good listing!

The suggestions from my side is:

- Attractive main listing picture.

- Click more horizontal picture rather than vertical, you are having more vertical pictures.

Work on Detailed description:

- Add more details in the space ( Describe it, no doubts should come from the guest on the listing they are going to stay)

- Add details to interaction with the guest.

- Add details to getting around.

- Add details to other things to note.

You can check with the below link:

https://www.airbnb.co.in/help/article/431/how-do-i-make-my-listing-more-competitive

Best of luck!!!

Regards

Basil

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I may be repeating what other have said....but here you go...

Too many pictures of things like a TV, towels, a cupboard, a hairdryer, a sink. Try give more of a complete pic of the rooms - particularly the living area from a number of angles. 

You are using Instant Book - as a new host it's not really wise and I would suggest turning it off (if you can) until you get a few guests through the door. That way you will get a feel for what people are coming to your home for, what they need, etc...and it helps you build a relationship before they even arrive.

I'd suggest changing your cancellation policy to Moderate - rather than Flexible.

And this phrase is entirely meaningless from a legal perspective: 
"Please be advised that I will be not be held responsible for any damage or lost goods."

You are never liable unless you are negligent, and if you are negligent this phrase is useless. 

I don;t see any security deposit. Put one in place  - remember your guests don't pay this, it's just an agreement to pay up to an amount if there is damage and AIrBnB agrees with you. It won't put anyone off booking (other than those who want to cause damage!)

A little confused by the number of people your property will accommodate. You say 4. Then you say 1 King bed, 1 Queen and 2 singles - that's six people?

Good luck with hosting!

Thank you guys so much for all your constructive criticisms and suggestions, I love it  ,please keep them coming.

@Gerry-And-Rashid0  I wanted  guest to know that they have the option of a King bed or two twin beds in the back room, hence ,the beds:). I removed the king bed. Thanks again.

Jan-and-Ruth0
Level 1
West Wittering, United Kingdom

How lovely for hosts to help each other in this way. 

I have been listed on Abnb for a couple of years but have never managed to attract many guests.  Those who have visited have always been very complimentary so I am confident I have the product right, but any suggestions to grab a little more attention with my listing would be really gratefully received.  I have 3 self-contained studio rooms in a separate wing of my home. Each room is listed as it's own entry on Abnb with listing numbers:

(No idea why third is such a long number, but that's what I see in the search bar when looking at this room).

Thanks in advance for any feedback.  I would be delighted for anyone who helps in this way to actually visit our place and would happily offer a 10% discount on any stay.  (I hope such incentivisation is allowed on this forum!)

Best wishes, Ruth