Smart Pricing Warning - Not ready for prime time

Gabriel25
Level 2
Key Biscayne, FL

Smart Pricing Warning - Not ready for prime time

Beware of the Smart Pricing option, I selected it to see how it would work, added my High & Low prices, and it reset all my prices to the LOW price for the next 90 days, even during high season, since I did not like that option, I turned it off but my prices stayed LOW. 

SMART PRICING is not so smart, beware as I will have to manually set my prices back to what I had before, season by season.

Last year I had a very busy high season, I also have the biggest and most luxurious house in the area, and therefore keep a $200 premium on prices over my competitors. I would have estimated that Smart Pricing would look at my size, number of rooms, last year's occupancy and estimate a new price, but it just looked at my neighbors price and dropped me to their pricing. 

Smart Pricing is not ready for prime time yet.

1 Reply 1
Betsy10
Level 1
Austin, TX

Smart-pricing is giving away my rentals for super low prices during big festival weekends. I thought I'd be able to not accept if I didn't agree to price but now I'm booked and will get a penalty and blocked dates if I cancel.  I swear I read that AirB&B had a policy that allowed me to get out of these agreements.  Of course trying to reach AirB&B about these reservations is near impossible -- best I've found is this forum -- not alot of help venting to other hosts who can't help fix the problem.  Anybody have thoughts?