Breakfast- New Host

Breakfast- New Host

Hi all 

I'm a new host and wondered if breakfast is included in the price/deal, and also what else is included, eg towels, toothpaste. Is there a section on here that confirms what hosts have to provide as a minimum.

Thanks

Kristal

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi Kristal

You need to provide bedding, towels, shampoo, soap, bodywash. Some hosts provide more.

You don't have to provide breakfast.  Some hosts do. Just state in your listing what you want to provide. For example I provide tea's and coffee but not breakfast.

Perfect! Thank you Helen.

Barb6
Level 10
Stevensville, MI

@Kristal2 @Helen3is correct in what she says. When you choose your amenites there is a suggestion list that pops up. It is nicer for the guest if you don't list breakfast and then when they arrive, if you feel like it, then make them something. Bread or muffins are always recieved well. That way you are not obligated to.

Also it is nice for guests to have a hair dryer. 

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Kristal2,

You might find some pointers and ideas in the articles at the link below.

It has a "Hosting" section with listings, ammenities and hosting standards sub-sections.

It can be found, along with a lot of other useful info, by clicking on "Help Centre" at the bottom of the list that comes up when you select "Help"

https://www.airbnb.ie/help

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Kristal2 in the rooms we provide tea, coffee, hot chocolate, a kettle, bottle water, biscuits, books, DVDs, the aforementioned hairdryer, magazines and a detailed book with contact details, information about the family and house, wifi details, restaurants and attractions in the area. We also provide a full cooked breakfast with newspapers. You don't have to provide any of this or can provide just some things. There is no rule. Just be clear in your listing what you do and don't provide so the guest is not unpleasantly surprised.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I don't provide breakfast, but I have jars of ''emergency rations'' guests can help themselves to, muesli, cereals etc. Gets used but not a lot, and is a bonus I don't advertise. Some hosts go all out with cooked breakfast etc. I think the best answer to your question is to imagine yourself as the guest in your place. What would you expect/want to find? What lever breakfast/no breakfast would you like/can you provide? If there are no shops/cafes nearby I think you need to provide more, I have a cafe round the corner and 20 of them about 5 mins away.

small comforts are good and don't have to be expensive.