Same Guest I turned Down for bad reviews shows up again with a new profile and no reviews

Jeffrey5
Level 2
Hamilton, Canada

Same Guest I turned Down for bad reviews shows up again with a new profile and no reviews

About one month ago I turned a fellow down for renting due to a bad review which stated he used the place rented to throw a party.  Damage was done and AirBnB and the guest shared in the payment to the host. I refused this guest based on this review and he has now requested again to rent my place but as a new member this year. Is Airbnb allowing people to just start over when they get bad reviews?

Also,  the last time I got an answer I was unable to get back to where I could thank the person who responded.  Dave, if you read this I just want to thank you for the information.

Jeffrey

3 Replies 3
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

You should report this person to airbnb.  There are loopholes in any system, so this can certainly happen.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Jeffrey5 Use the little flag icon near the profile picture to flag this guest.  I believe you can post a comment to tell Airbnb why you are flagging him and why you want them to review his history. 

I used the flag also for a message sent from one person saying :

"Hi Razvan, this is not a booking message please check this out ( url hidden ) some one has stolen your airbnb profile and is scamming ppl."

Happened in February and even now did not receive any resolution or reply from Airbnb.

This should be treated with priority