A Booked Guest is sending someone else instead of then. What should I do about this?

Mandy-and-Martin0
Level 2
Caversham, Australia

A Booked Guest is sending someone else instead of then. What should I do about this?

They have been a bit strange, in that first they wanted to add another person and now they are not staying with us but sending two other people instead. These others don't have a Airbnb profile.

1 Reply 1
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Hello @Mandy-and-Martin0,

That is technically not allowed.  You can call the company and have them cancel the reservation because of this.  Do not cancel it yourself.  You will be penalized.  You would likely be forgiven the penaties since this is a legitimate reason, but it would be  headache. Just call, and they will take care of it.

Even though it is against the rules, people do this regularly.  Often, people might book, say, for their parents, who might not have an account.  Sometimes I go with it, sometimes not.  The fact that you are uneasy in other ways makes it clear that these people should not be coming.