Requiring Identification

Requiring Identification

I have listed my property on airbnb but need to know how I can get Identification from a guest to secure their reservation.  Since I am renting an entire house, my town requires a certificate of occupancy and identifcation from every guest.  What is the best way to get that so that I can confirm a reservation?  Thank you.

4 Replies 4

You can require that  Airbnb collect the booking guest's information as a condition of booking.  Then when the guests arrive, you will need to see and record the IDs of all the guests.  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/272/can-i-require-guests-to-be-verified-before-booking

You should also make a note of this requirement in your listing so guest's know that you will be seeking and recording IDs.  

Thank you.  it was a very important and helpful information.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Make sure the additional information you need is on your listing.

David

This is also my first time hosting, I had 2 very nice couple up to now no problems, but I had a lot of inquires from people that seems to just join AirBB and most of them had no official ID verified,  and I had 3 situations ( where I had to refuse)  from a Doctors from India, inquiring about how far my apto was from their work in the same place ( I had to decline ) I was not comfortable with thar situation, is there a risk of scammers on AirBB ? Im using my instinct, but is there anything specific that I should be on the look out?