Regarding Cancel Policy

Ramazan-Cagtay0
Level 1
İstanbul, Turkey

Regarding Cancel Policy

Hello,

We have picked a house to stay in Summer but we are not so sure about the cancellation policy. On the front page of the property it says "Cancellation with grace period" which means, according to the AirBnB documentation, that we should be able to reserve the house and in case of the cancellation we should get 100% Refund if we decided to do so before the last 7 days. However, when we go to checkout it says "Strict" (no indication of grace period or full refund) and simply telling us that we would only get %50 percent refund (according to the AirBnB documentation on cancellation policy). Could anyone clarify it for me.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Ramazan-Cagtay0 ,

The cancellation is Strict (with grace period). Airbnb documentation says: Full refund if cancellation within 48 hours of booking, more:

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#strict-with-grace-period

best regards, Emiel

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

There are three widely available types of cancellation policy for hosts, @Ramazan-Cagtay0, which are: flexible, moderate and strict. There is also a super strict policy for a minority of listings. For the sake of clarification.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Ramazan-Cagtay0

The Airbnb SERVICE FEE is refundable, up to 3 times per year, within 48 hours of booking.  

ACCOMMODATION FEES are refundable as follows:

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies?locale=en#strict

Ramazan-Cagtay0
Level 1
İstanbul, Turkey

Hello,

I have read the documentation already and have no issue with it.

The problem is, without loggin in it says;

Cancellations

Strict – free cancellation within 48 hours of booking Cancel within 48 hours of booking and 14 days before check-in to get a full refund. Cancel up to 7 days before check in and get a 50% refund (minus service fees). Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.

But when I login both on front page of the propery and at the booking page it cancellation policy changes to;

Cancellations Strict Cancel up to 7 days before check in and get a 50% refund (minus service fees). Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable. Service fees are refunded when cancellation happens before check in and within 48 hours of booking.

Thank you.

@Ramazan-Cagtay0 

it seems there are 2 types of strict policy 1) strict with grace period  and 2) Strict .

1) strict with grace period  -----------------

12.png

2) Strict ------------------------

13.png

It seems Strict with grace period is a new option , bc when I look at my booking settings and choose Strict cancelation policy here is what I see :

14.png