Cancel a reservation

Christine223
Level 1
South Bend, IN

Cancel a reservation

We had to cancel a reservation because we were going to put the house up for sale.  We did not do that and remain in the house and want to continue to rent it. 

We have now been  blocked for that weekend and cannot rent it to anyone.  What can we do to unblock this.

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I doubt of ABB would see that a good reason but you can ask.

David
Lisa14
Level 3
Silver Spring, MD

Please try and not cancel reservations, it reflects badly on Airbnb, plus the guest had already paid their money and was ready to be your guest...
It also depends on how much time before the guest arrival date when you cancelled...
It's locked because you cancelled and I'm sure they wouldn't allow you to have a new guest for the same dates that you cancelled the other guest on.
Danny9
Level 10
Palma, Spain

@Christine223

Actually, there is really nothing you can do in order to get that weekend rented via Airbnb. You may want to list your property with the competition, though, and try your luck elsewhere. 

As far as Airbnb goes, host canceling without really overwhelming reasons that are fully beyond his/her control is a very major NO DO. You can see their point, too. They are renting your place for you, and their reputation with their clients i.e. guests depends on the hosts and our promise to rent at the given time, under listed conditions. Besides blocking your property for that period of time, they penalize hosts who cancel with a USD 100.00 fine, too. 

It makes a lot of sense to stick with the confirmed reservations. 

Danny

If you find this information helpful, consider clicking the Thumbs-Up icon near lower right. Thanks!

C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

First rule of Airbnb: never cancel yourself! A quagmire of consequences results. If you have an issue, call Airbnb and let them help.
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

I think you had a very valid reason for cancelling and if you contact Air BNB chances are they will consider it an "extenuating circumstance" & unblock those dates for you. I had a similar incident and had no problem getting things straightened out. Good luck!