RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CO-HOST

Barbara745
Level 2
Schiller Park, IL

RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CO-HOST

My husband and I are new to Airbnb and have started to rent out our Florida home. We live in Chicago. What responsibilities would a co-host have? The cleaning lady we employed (a former Airbnb customer service rep) said she would be willing to be a contact person and a co-host but doesn't feel she should be responsible for going in after the guests leave and letting me know what they did or didn't do during their stay. Wouldn't that be part of a co-hosts reponsibility? Also, what do you pay a co-host? I need help quick! 

2 Replies 2
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Barbara745  

You can see below what airbnb lists as what a co-host can do - so it is pick and mix depending on the circumstances you host under. I think you should decide what you would require a co-host to do for you then try and find the right person to suit your needs, rather than the other way around. Looks like you need boots on the ground in Florida but someone who will take on the full on-site responsibility.

As far as the cost to a co-host, it's up to you to decide fair reward. What I've seen banded around is from 10 to 30 percent of the booking or a fixed fee per guest.

-------

A co-host can help a listing owner with their space, their guests, or both. Co-hosts decide how much they want to handle, and work out the details with the listing owner ahead of time.

How it works

Here are some ways co-hosts can help:

• Get the space guest-ready: If a home has never been listed on Airbnb, a co-host can help make sure it’s set up to welcome guests. They can recommend repairs, buy necessary items like towels and toilet paper, set up a lockbox, and create house manual.

• Create a listing: Co-hosts can create an Airbnb listing for a space. They can write titles and descriptions, take and upload photos, and help determine the nightly price.

• Message with guests: A co-host can message guests on behalf of the listing owner, using the co-host’s own Airbnb account. They can get to know guests, answer questions, and coordinate their arrival and departure.

• Manage reservations: Co-hosts can manage the host’s reservation settings and accept or decline reservation requests.

• Welcome guests in person: Co-hosts can greet guests in person, give them a tour of the space, and answer questions about the house and neighborhood.

• Help guests during their stay: If guests have an issue during their stay, co-hosts can communicate with them and fix the problem. For example, if a guest is locked out, their shower stops working, or their internet is down, they can call a co-host to help fix the problem.

• Write reviews: Co-hosts can use their own Airbnb account to write review of guests on behalf of the listing owner. Guests will be able to review the listing and the co-host.

• Update calendar and pricing Co-hosts can keep a listing’s availability up to date and manage the listing’s price settings. They can also add things like seasonal pricing and weekly discounts.

• Restock essential supplies: Co-hosts can help stock a home with a few basic guest necessities like towels, toilet paper, and soap.

• Cleaning and maintenance: Co-hosts can clean the space themselves, work with a professional cleaning service, or both. For example, a co-host may wash towels and sheets, while a cleaning service takes care of the kitchen and bathrooms. Co-hosts can also handle general home maintenance and make sure anything that’s damaged gets repaired.

• Get help from Airbnb: If listing owner needs to contact Airbnb to get help with with a reservation or guest issue, a co-host can work handle the communication and fin a resolution.

Co-hosts can’t:

• Access the listing owner’s payout or taxpayer information

• Review the listing owner’s activity traveling on Airbnb as a guest

• View any messages that the host had with their guests before the co-host was added to the listing

Thank you, this helps a lot.  Appreciate the information.