Professional Input NEEDED! HELP!!

Shane40
Level 2
Sioux Falls, SD

Professional Input NEEDED! HELP!!

Hello, I rented a property (July 27-30) and this morning (August 15) the renter is demanding i pay him upwards of $600 dollars in damages he claims we made 2 weeks after the fact and also that he had to hire a cleaning service to come in and clean "extensively". The house did not require a security deposit or a damage deposit but it did require a $100 cleaning fee. I am under the impression that the owner has to make a claim within 48 hours or before the next renter? After we had stayed,we ordered a pizza back home and forgot to chage the delivery address to our location and was delivered to that house we stayed at and their was a bachellorette party there the next weekend. I also requested that if im going to have to pay for all these damages and fees that he's claiming we made, that i recieve an invoice/recipet for the cleaning that was done for my records. I am just seeking a little advise on how I should approach this subject. I feel as if he is severely over charging us for the damages he's claiming we did to his property and also where I stand as a renter what my options are or what I should be doing. 

Thanks!!

1 Reply 1
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

On your booking confirmation you will find a phone number for airbnb.

Ring it and explain what happened, airbnb will negotiate between you the host.