Does a guest actually have to 'check in' anymore?

Kris60
Level 2
Gilbert, AZ

Does a guest actually have to 'check in' anymore?

I do occasional hosting and have a new guest staying with me. He arrived yesterday and he is on my calendar. I am making sure I will be paid in the next few days, usually AirBnB transfers to my paypal within 2-3 days of checking in. Does a guest have to actually 'check in' or does the system automatically do it? Last year there was a message that advised me guest has checked-in.. atleast I thought there was. Now there isn't anything and my guest says he doesn't know what that means, he has used AirBnB a few times and has positive reviews so, like most hosts, I want to get paid within a few days of him checking in. Of course I checked my Transaction history and there is nothing pending for this guy. Thanks-

2 Replies 2

@Kris60 if he arrived yesterday then the transaction should be sent today.

There isn't a button or anything that the guest presses to "check in", although it seems like there would be one.

I think AirBnB assumes that the guest has checked in if they do not cancel their reservation and the stay has begun.

I have never received a message about the guest having checked in, although we are relatively new.

Kris60
Level 2
Gilbert, AZ

You are right- and AirBnB sent me a message saying I have a payment being sent. I do not  host alot, but it appears that AirBnB automatically checks people in for the dates unless they cancel, so thats makes sense.