Pending amount on my bank account

Gill30
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Pending amount on my bank account

I have an amount pending on my bank account today but I never received any money from the guest who cancelled their booking. It will probably come out of my account in an hour or so and the bank is closed (after hours) so I'm not sure what to do.

1 Reply 1
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Gill30....Not quite sure what you are trying to say! When you say "I have an amount pending on my bank account today", do you mean your Airbnb account is telling you that? If that is the case, when a guest makes a reservation they pay Airbnb and the money is 'set aside' and credited to your Airbnb account, and the day after the guest arrives Airbnb release those funds to your nominated bank account.

When you receive that message it means that the funds are credited to your Airbnb account, but have not yet been released to you. In this instance those funds will not be released to your bank account but will be returned to the guest....less the Airbnb fees!

What this means is nothing will be taken from your bank account because nothing has been credited to it as yet....it is simply a book entry as far as you are concerned. Can you understand what I am saying....you won't lose anything!!

Cheers.....Rob