Payment

John1342
Level 1
New York, NY

Payment

Hi there I'm a new hose to Airbnb just wanted to clarify something to mean I printed with them in the past and I've always received a quick response and payment 24 hours is what they advertise I rented my apartment over the weekend for two nights guest arriving at Saturday the 10th leaving by the 12th which is already taken place they're holding up the payment until the 16th if they do this to 10,000 host that's a lot of money they're playing around with companies like this who become billion dollar market cap potential IPO start using other people's money to invest in gold silver Bitcoin Apple stock whatever it may be to make money why they basically are holding your money just want to get some feedback from an experience host here they're also charge me a cancellation fee from 2 years ago which I had no knowledge of

**[Moved to create new topic–title updated]

1 Reply 1

@John1342, I am a bit confused... you mention that you are a new host, but your profile shows you had a guest stay in one of your listings back in December of 2015. The reason that is relevant is that AirBnB will hold the first payment to hosts who are new for 30 days from confirmation. But you are not a new host.

Anyway: AirBnB does not have to delay payments for a few days to make more money. They already get to hold onto the guest payments for MONTHS. It is huge amount of money they already get to hold onto for much, much longer than a few paltry days.

You should contact AirBnB support to ask why the funds were not sent to you on the 11th (since the guest checked in on the 10th). The normal payment schedule is for the host to be paid the day after checkin, so something is unusual in this situation.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/425/when-will-i-get-my-payout