Parking

Answered!
Adam20
Level 2
Mooloolaba, Australia

Parking

I have 2 AirBNB units side by side, but only one garage. Sometimes, people enquire about parking even though it is written on both that there is no parking and explains that you can park for free on the street and where to do that. Often, guests will ask on the day, where the garage is? How can I charge extra for parking?

1 Best Answer
Debi1
Level 10
Portland, OR

I don't believe there is a place on the platform to charge for extra services ... yet.  I do believe it is coming soon.

We also have a garage issue, and although we state in our arrival instructions and our listing sites that the garage is not available for vehicles, we still have the occasional person shove everything to the side to wedge their car in there.  We are getting signs  made to post on the doors.  

In your case, I suppose you could try the honor system, or if you meet and greet, you can make arrangements for payment at that time.  Do you/can you keep the garage locked and unavailable?

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
Debi1
Level 10
Portland, OR

I don't believe there is a place on the platform to charge for extra services ... yet.  I do believe it is coming soon.

We also have a garage issue, and although we state in our arrival instructions and our listing sites that the garage is not available for vehicles, we still have the occasional person shove everything to the side to wedge their car in there.  We are getting signs  made to post on the doors.  

In your case, I suppose you could try the honor system, or if you meet and greet, you can make arrangements for payment at that time.  Do you/can you keep the garage locked and unavailable?

Adam20
Level 2
Mooloolaba, Australia

What is the "honour system"?  I could keep a key in a spot where the guests can access it after they have paid and booked and just inform them of it if they really need a garage.

Johan33
Level 1
Leiderdorp, Netherlands

If you place a V for parkingpossibility in your dashboard, does this mean parking is free of charge or there is parking available?

Francoise6
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

I had a guest park on my property unathorized when my Advert is not ticked for 'Free Parking on the Premises'

The Ad however does state 'Free Street Parking'.

The concerned who parked on my property was not even one of the guests.  At no point did the guests ask me if they could park on my property.

They were told they are not authorized to park on the property and told to park on the street. 

They did not seem to like being told this & i they drove off & never checked in.

They then asked for a full refund and also blocked my calander for 3 days.

I repeat:

a) The concerned parking on my property was not one of the guests.

b) At no stage did the guests ask permission.

c) The ad did not state 'Free Parking on the Premises' .

Do i refund these guests fully/50%/1 day or not at all? - They are 100% at fault, while we as Host's did nothing wrong?

Pat297
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Hi there!

Since we're talking parking.. 

Our company, On Air Parking, is going to be launching $10/ day downtown Manhattan parking and we're targeting price sensitive leisure and vacation travelers.  

We're going to be selling at around 50 locations starting on 4/23 and I thought hosts might be interested in sharing this information with their guests.  

Here is a little more background on our project..

As a company, we are truly concerned about the rise of carbon emissions.  We are already live in 27 markets across the U.S and have been wondering how we, as a parking company, can help reduce carbon emissions.  With the above launch, we'll be launching a "park once" initiative to incentivizing travelers to just "park once" when visiting NYC with highly discounted rates to compete with Uber/ Lyft and to fight congestion and emissions.  To further become a fully carbon neutral company we will be planting 1 tree for every car we park for the lifetime of our company in a partnership with the National Forest Foundation.  We are committing to planting a minimum of 250,000 trees in the next 5 years, though the number should be much greater!  
Laurel128
Level 2
Miami Beach, FL

looks like airbnb is being hesitant in adding a "parking Fee".  It would really make things easier for us Hosts.//  I see much communication , but NO result from airbnb