Options when bathroom tub is broken

Mike345
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Options when bathroom tub is broken

Me and my wife rented a place in Boston for the summer and have been here for 2 weeks with on going issues. Host has been fairly responsive about things like the stove is broken, and the air conditioning is missing, however the bathroom (only one) tub does not drain AT ALL and getting any type of resolution has been painful. We've escalated to a plumber and bounced around between owners who seem eager to help but nothing has actually been done. Me and my wife LITERALLY have been scooping buckets of water out each morning from the unit above us, multiple times per day some times. 

We like the area and it doesn't seem much is available for the rest of the summer. We want a resolution but not necessarily want to relocate. What are our options?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Mike345

Have you tried buying drain unblocker it might just be a build-up of soap and other detritus blocking the plug hole!

REgards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

The Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

yes we used drano, then the owner called a handyman who used what he called "super drano" but that just made everything worse. the handyman did not want to use a plumbers snake to clear the line and i didn't feel like i should have to buy one and do our own maintenance on the house. i feel like if i call a real plumber i will have to pay which doesn't seem right.

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

Hi, @Mike345, as I see it, you can either keep bugging the host/owner to correct the bathtub issue, making sure all is documented on the Airbnb message board, and keep after them until you get satisfaction (why didn't the plumber use the snake? This is a very effective method of clearing a clogged pipe) or you can call Airbnb and see what they can do for you. If you are otherwise relatively satisfied with the space, then be on that phone to the host a few times per day. A pain, yes, but if you are enough of a pain, I bet they will fix it. As I said, though, summarize everything on the message board so you have proof if you need to contact Airbnb.