New on Airbnb

Kyle112
Level 2
College Station, TX

New on Airbnb

Hi Everyone!

I am a new host & I'm looking forward to learning from you all and meeting new guests!

I am from Texas & have a small studio apartment to rent out, for college football games and general travelers.  My wife & I have traveled all over and have used Airbnb quite a bit.  We've so enjoyed our stays at others and now it is our turn to host!  I hope that we will have more properties in the future 🙂

13 Replies 13
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Kyle112 Hello I looked at your listing Kyle and it is NOT active - all your calendar is still blocked - you might want to check your settings - this means it is IMPOSSIBLE to book with you now. If you can't figure it out quickly, call Airbnb to help you.

IF you want recommendations - your place looks terrific, so inviting and obviously so clean

Your photos lack one thing - COLOR - like first shot - on the table put a lovely clear or white vase with mixed beautiful flowers - just add a pop of color somewhere - red is always great or yellow - just bright. Each room needs color - pillows or something in each room - not too much- look at some magazines or other listings or ads for bed stuff and you'll see.

And one last thing your title - don't waste your words

Use something like: charming studio, bright, relaxing, sanctuary of light, some other words - 

All Airbnb places have to be clean and your pics display that - so don't write it - it is obvious. 

I hope this is helpful. Happy Hosting, Clara

Hi Clara,

Thank you for the tips & tricks!  I really appreciate it & I will follow your advice.  I was told that Airbnb can provide a photgrapher.  I may use this service, as it seems pictures are so important and new ones never hurt.

We'll get our listing active soon - just getting a few last minute details together and final supplies, for guests.

@Kyle112 Good to know you haven't published  yet - very smart idea - the photographer is a good idea BUT, it is no longer free and sometimes YOU do not have full rights to the photos and you don't pick the photographer or the photos..........so check that out before you invest. A good camera and good angle with terrific lighting will do just fine. Look at listings that are great - my photos were shot by a pro except the front shot - i did that one. Just check out the angles and how they did it and see if you can do that. Most phones have great cameras - put it on HDR and that helps but NOT flash - try other lighting. 

Keep me posted and I wish you great success.

Happy Hosting 

Hi,

Ok I see....that's very good to know!  We're putting in new landscaping, by the side where guests will stay & I hope to capture this with new photos for the listing. 

By the way, I saw your listing and wanted to let you know that I think Pensacola is a WONDERFUL place.  Wow!  I had the pleasure of taking an exciting Segway tour (and almost crashing), it was so good to see the city and meet many friendly people there.  What a great place to host!!!

@Kyle112 yes, I am 8 generations of Pensacola history in my family so I love Pensacola..... however, I have traveled all over the world and love traveling - there's nothing like home here and those beaches and Segwegs - we loved doing that. Glad you didn't crash. If you are ever back here make sure to contact us and stay here - it would be a pleasure to meet other host and share our cottage. We are right near Cordova Mall and in a great location. Guest have been awesome. 99% of them. And that 1% are a great teaching/learning for the platform and hosting. Happy times Kyle

@Kyle112

if you google the exact title below you will see the photos and a video they did yesterday of my cottage....just Fyi----Pensacola garage transformed from a massage spa to Airbnb cottage

@Clara116,

We will have to stay with you guys, next time we are in Pensacola!  It looks like a lovely place & it really is a great article & video!  Wow!  Thank you for sharing! 🙂

How did you find a phone number for Airbnb? You suggested Kyle call Airbnb but I haven't been able to find a phone number for them. Can you help me with that? Thanks

@Kyle112, your listing looks very nice!

I agree with @Clara116 about the title: it is obvious from your photos that your place is Clean and Comfortable, so no need to waste the prime space in your title on that.

It seems that a big selling point of your listing is the proximity to the Texas A&M campus. Maybe make that the feature point of the title?

And if you are adding color, wouldn't you add Texas A&M colors?

(I see you are halfway there, with the nice clean white color scheme...)

@Matthew285,

Thanks for your feedback!  I think adding a little maroon, would like nice 🙂  We will have to try it out!   Most of our guests will be visiting the University, to a focus on this would be expected.

Good to hear from you,just get ready with your calendar and then very soon you can start to have guests.I am also new but from people views who have been in my place I am sure we will continue to have more bookings.I am based in Kigali the capital city of Rwanda.

Hi everyone! I would like to become an ABB host. Average price. How do you determine the right price? And the discount percentage? 

Kathie21
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Mike - you need to start your own thread not tag onto this one.