New App - Sending Photo

Ben-and-York0
Level 1
Zurich, Switzerland

New App - Sending Photo

Hi,

I saw today that you cen send Photos via the App to guest. But i could not find out how this works. Can anybody help me?

Best Ben

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Where did you see that, @Ben-and-York0? Usually the photos on the listing are enough for prospective guests, but if you want to send something more personal to a past guest - a photo of them at breakfast or something - it is a bit harder. Reply with what you are looking for, and someone should be able to help.

Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Somebody in here asked about sending a photo at some point - Could it be that headline that made you think you could send photo's via the app @Ben-and-York0 ?

But you can't. Files and photos etc can only be emailed to their email address which you can find on their profile on the app. 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Found it, @Ben-and-York0https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Hosts/Airbnb-Open-Announcement-New-Airbnb-Mobile-App/m-p/262034#M624...

It is a rollout. Brand new. It will come to you (and me and all of us) when the app is updated. Not there yet.

Thanks @Lawrene0 ! Nice find! 

Will I be able to send pdf's as well or is it only photo's? Well, I'll just wait and see with the new update.

I hardly think I'll be needing this feature in the communication I have with guests but it would be nice to be able to attach files though.

Photos will be handy for me, @Christian65, and files, as you say. I'm also hoping it goes both ways. Guests sometimes want to send photos, usually after the fact - bit of wildlife, sunset, whatever. I will be happier using the platform than personal email. 

You are probably right and we'll have to see if it comes in handy. ABB wouldn't have added this function if they didn't think it would be appreciated so maybe I'll end up exhanging loads of pictures in the future with my guests. 🙂